Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    theriviera is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Ok, so here is where i am so far:

- we have a 2 bedroom villa booked at beach club. I would prefer a 1 bedroom but it’s not available.
    - we are still considering the 4 seasons as it’s not much more than beach club 2 bedroom.
    - worried about how busy the pool area and general resort will be. We have been to aulani and it is so crowded! Dh wants to avoid that.
    - how important is the ability to book fast passes 60 days out be 30? That is the one downside to the 4s.
    - how do the touring plans work for you during busy weeks? Were you able to get on the rides you wanted? I’m also looking at an offiste guide but it’s pricey so don’t want to spend the money unless it makes a big difference.

I think that is all for now, thank you!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mama to 3 awesome kids

We stayed at the Four Seasons a couple of years ago and felt it was very relaxing as compared to Disney overall. It was really nice to have the option to retreat back there. We found the pool area relatively quiet.

Sent from my iPad using Baby Bargains

bnme is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

If you can swing the 2-bedroom, I'd go for it. You can see pictures on allears.net. I think most one bedroom only have a king in the bedroom, then a sofa bed.

I have never found the resorts to feel crowded, even during busy times (never stayed at BC, but OKW & SSR). IMO you cant beat staying onsite. I much prefer the buses to driving and think in most cases quicker and more convenient. And the FP advantage will be a key part of getting on the rides you want. In the past I have used Touring Plans and other crowd calendars to pick which park to go to, and I find it helpful.

I have always wanted to stay at BC. It's a beautiful resort and great location.

Donna

Mom to JT 1/03 and TJ 8/04

KrisM is online now Clean Sweep forum moderator

For certain rides, the 60 days for FP is going to be key. Flight of Passage at Animal Kingdom will be nearly impossible at 30 days. But if you're willing to check for it every day or so, you might get it (this is what I've read). Oftentimes, that FP is hard to get right on 60 days and you need it further back in your trip, like day 63 or so.

Seven Dwarfs Mine Train at Magic Kingdom and Frozen Ever After are also difficult at 30 days, but I haven't read up on them much. As far as I can tell, past that, it's not too difficult to get FP. Maybe it won't be the time you'd prefer, but you would get them.
    Kris

Another thing to factor with the cost difference is time spent commuting, parking fees, and rental car. We usually stay offsite, and always have a car regardless of staying on or offsite because we want more options for shopping and meals, but if you stay onsite it is possible to get by without one.
    Parking is $22/day if you are an offsite guest - now $24/night for parking at deluxe hotels onsite.

We have used the touringplans app the last 2 trips and it has been great.

Edit
    Last edited by candaceb; 03-14-2018 at 02:48 PM.

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Stay in the Disney Bubble. You can stay in a Four Seasons lots of other places. Being on site just surronds you in Disney, which is pretty fun and different than a normal trip. Beach Club is great. Being able to walk to Epcot is awesome. Easy access to HS too. Lots to do at the Boardwalk too. I think a car free vacation is a lovely thing so on site always wins for me. You can hail an Uber or Lyft if you don't want to take a bus around too.

I agree with pp that certain rides would be hard to book with FP 30 days out vs 60.

So far we’ve only stayed at BC resort giving us the 60 days and we managed to get all the rides we wanted. I relied heavily on touring plans and our week was over memorial weekend for 5 nights, so some days crowd level was at 8/9 and rest at 6/7. Not sure how that’ll be for thanksgiving week, but people have always said Spring/Easter week is the most busiest time following by Christmas/NYE and Thanksgiving.

We loved the fact a car was not necessary at all for our stay at BC. Took the magic bus from Orlando airport without issues.

For your kids ages, I would stay in the true onsite hotel to take advantage of 60 days. You’ll love to have ability to walk Epcot and HS for more dinner options and things to do if you want a break from the park.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Mummy to DS1-6/11 and DS2-1/14

Quote Originally Posted by theriviera View Post
    - how important is the ability to book fast passes 60 days out be 30? That is the one downside to the 4s.
    For Thanksgiving week, pretty important!

Twoboos is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

We did Beach Club last year and absolutely loved it. (The lobby smell... ahhhh.) We loved being able to walk to Epcot every night to hit a different country for dinner. Bro and SIL did the 1br suite there, it was a king bed and pullout couch with kitchen area. They liked it (have younger kids than us). Bus to Disney, AK, and HS were ok. Dis and AK felt long coming back at the end of the day. You can actually walk to HS (about 15-20min) or take a boat. Epcot was like a 4min walk.

As for FP, just keep checking. We had ones that were not ideal and managed to change a bunch and get ones we thought we couldn't - and for some of these it was getting 8 FPs to align! We planned our whole trip maybe 4-5 weeks before (nothing like being organized ) and still did all the things we wanted to!

Have fun!!
    "Every mother needs a wife." - Amy Poehler, Yes Please

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2