Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Birthday gift for a 10 year old boy?

DS says the only thing he knows that he really likes is The Flash. I need the gift by Friday. I have most major stores and Amazon prime.

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

It’s ok to go with a Target gift card (or such) at that age. It’s easy and kids like having “$”. My fall back I’d Apples to Apples Jr or Exploding Kittens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    It’s ok to go with a Target gift card (or such) at that age. It’s easy and kids like having “$”. My fall back I’d Apples to Apples Jr or Exploding Kittens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I just had 4 10yo boys in my car on a field trip that absolutely had a ball playing exploding kittens! I definitely recommend that one.

Nerf gun
    If he likes a sports team, then a shirt or hat

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

Operation, Battleship, Clue, Legos are still good, Ticket to Ride (if you can get a deal), magic kit, paper airplanes, science experiment toys, make your own putty...

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

khalloc is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

My son is turning 10 in a couple of weeks and all he wants is XBox giftcards...which I refuse to buy since he spends too much time playing his favorite game Fortnite already. I'm really not sure what to get him. He'd be completely disappointed with a boardgame though.
    DD 11/2005
    DS 4/2008

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by khalloc View Post
    My son is turning 10 in a couple of weeks and all he wants is XBox giftcards...which I refuse to buy since he spends too much time playing his favorite game Fortnite already. I'm really not sure what to get him. He'd be completely disappointed with a boardgame though.
    I'd assumed PP was asking about a friend, not her kiddo. If I was looking for a gift for my kiddo then I'd probably buy something like a DS or Switch.

We love board games here though. We have a lot of fun playing together. So, while not a "wow!", they sure have lasting fun and appeal around here...

Since you don't know much about his likes, I would go with a Target gift card. Or if you do a gift, definitely include a gift receipt.
    DS: Raising heck since 12/09

Kindra178 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Dick's GC. Gamestop GC.

khalloc is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    I'd assumed PP was asking about a friend, not her kiddo. If I was looking for a gift for my kiddo then I'd probably buy something like a DS or Switch.

We love board games here though. We have a lot of fun playing together. So, while not a "wow!", they sure have lasting fun and appeal around here...
    Yeah, I didnt mean that he would be disappointed with the cost or "bigness" of the present. I just meant that my 10 year old is not into board games. Thats all.
    DD 11/2005
    DS 4/2008

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast