Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    94bruin is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by lizzywednesday View Post
    Except for the pair where DD poked pencils into the crotch while having fits in school, Cat & Jack from Target have held up the best for us. We've had several pairs for two years and my DD is super-active - sliding, roughhousing, running, jumping, mucking about, etc. What I love about them is they have reinforced knees, so I'm less concerned about DD wearing through them before they're outgrown.

I've also been pleased with the leggings from Primary.com, but we only have a few pairs because they are spendy. Fabric weight-wise, they remind me of older Hanna Andersson and have held up fairly well so far.

For softball, definitely get softball pants as leggings will NOT hold up.
    She isn't at the point of sliding, but this season I've come the realization that we will need to invest is some pants for her.
    DD1 2005
    DD2 2009

squimp is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Not sure what size you're looking for but Old Navy and Under Armour have been very good for my leggings wearing sporty kid.

I have two DDs and who wear leggings almost daily. I have never had a pair of Zella leggings develop a hole.
    Green Tea, mom to three

doberbrat is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

thanks for this thread! dd1's leggins and pants were always immaculate. dd2? every pair of leggings has holes. Some after only 1 wearing!!

I'll have to run to target and try the c& j ones.
    dd1 10/05
    dd2 11/09
    and ... a mini poodle!

marinkitty is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

J Crew's crewcuts thick and cozy *or something like that* leggings. Last forever and don't tear.

94bruin is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by squimp View Post
    Not sure what size you're looking for but Old Navy and Under Armour have been very good for my leggings wearing sporty kid.
    DD1 had some UA ones but DD2 didn't like the patterns. The next time we're out the outlet, we'll have to take a look for sporty options.

Quote Originally Posted by Green_Tea View Post
    I have two DDs and who wear leggings almost daily. I have never had a pair of Zella leggings develop a hole.
    I purchase Zella leggings for her last Aug but they were a bit too big. She's my fast grower so I'm going to wait until she can fit into them. In fact, she might fit into them now.

Quote Originally Posted by doberbrat View Post
    thanks for this thread! dd1's leggins and pants were always immaculate. dd2? every pair of leggings has holes. Some after only 1 wearing!!

I'll have to run to target and try the c& j ones.
    Right?! My two girls couldn't be more different when it comes to the longevity of their clothes! And to top it off, DD1 was my petite slow growing kid so some of her clothes lasted more than one season!

Quote Originally Posted by marinkitty View Post
    J Crew's crewcuts thick and cozy *or something like that* leggings. Last forever and don't tear.
    Will look into them as well. Thanks for the suggestion!
    DD1 2005
    DD2 2009

ang79 is online now Diamond level (5000+ posts)

For regular cotton leggings, we have a combination of leggings from Old Navy, Kohls, and Target (used to get Circo, now the Cat and Jack brand). The only ones we have problems with are ones that DD1 wore and then passed to DD2 (tend to get tiny holes in the knees as she is on the floor a lot). DD1 now likes the C-9 running leggings from Target. They seem thicker/more durable than the regular cotton ones. They also cost a lot more, so I now check the clearance rack every time I'm at Target in hopes of getting some at a discount.

robinsmommy is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Green_Tea View Post
    Yep. The only ones we did were ancient when we bought them from the thrift store (back when they still used the shiny material), and took a hard fall on concrete. They almost always go on sale in the summer. We stocked up then.

Pear is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Our target leggings have gotten incredibly stained(the school playground is covered in tire chips), but holes are rare. At 5-6 dollars a pair, I can’t fathom buying more expensive ones even if they occasionally have to be replaced.

citymama is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

The best cheap leggings are Cat & Jack from Target. My 12 year old is crazy hard on her clothes and these $6 leggings have lasted! She also has a pair of Athleta girl School Day tights (which are leggings) that have held up amazingly, look brand new. Look in the Sale section of Athleta Girl for their leggings and tights selection.

for Sandy Hook

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2