jam224 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default Touring Plans? Character Locator?

Are the memberships for Touring Plans or Character Locator worth subscribing to? Would love to hear honest feedback! We're going to Disney next month.
    Jennifer
    SAHM to DD1 (11yo) and DD2 (5yo)

kdeunc is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

We have used touring plans every time we have gone to Disney World. My DH plots out our best options and it has been spot on every time. Even in the middle of July we never waited more than 45 minutes for a ride. I highly recommend it. If you go to the Mousesavers newsletter/website they usually have a discount code for Touring Plans.
    Kelly

DS 1 12-02
    DS 2 12-04
    DD 07-08

I definitely think so! The app, Lines, is incredibly helpful with updating plans on the go. I’ve been to the parks on days that were quite crowded (8 or 9 on the crowd scale), and the plan has saved me from lines longer than 20 minutes. If you think about the value of your time at Disney, the Touring Plans subscription pays for itself in the first hour of the trip!

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

Quote Originally Posted by 123LuckyMom View Post
    I definitely think so! The app, Lines, is incredibly helpful with updating plans on the go. I’ve been to the parks on days that were quite crowded (8 or 9 on the crowd scale), and the plan has saved me from lines longer than 20 minutes. If you think about the value of your time at Disney, the Touring Plans subscription pays for itself in the first hour of the trip!

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains
    Yes, yes, yes! The Lines app is so worth it even at retail list price, and I’m a person who buys everything with a coupon lol. It’s a drop in the bucket when you consider the cost of a Disney trip, but it reduces your waiting time in multiples and allows you to experience so much more. DH thought I was nutty for building the plans and the minor legwork to get it set up, aka adding fast times for passes, ADRs, adjusting walking speeds to really customize it etc But once we were in the first park on a moderately crowded day, and we had been on like 7 attractions with almost zero wait within the first couple hours - he was absolutely sold. He even downloaded it for himself so he could refresh and optimize the plan himself. We will be there again in May and he asked me this past weekend if I had renewed the subscription.

This is GOLD from my DH who called Disneyworld a scam from the pit of hell to take all our money while I tried to plan our first trip last year So yes, it’s worth the effort.
    DS 2014

jam224 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Sounds great, thanks for the feedback! We just got our Magic Bands today!!
    Jennifer
    SAHM to DD1 (11yo) and DD2 (5yo)