Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    JustMe is online now Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Hotels in or near Redmond, WA in July that won't break the bank?

Ds soccer team is likely playing a 4 day tournament in Redmond, WA in July. I am freaking out, as we went to Seattle 2 summers ago for our vacation and I know how expensive hotels are that time of year. We live over 5 hours away. I would skip this one if I could, but they do about 4 tournaments and one of them is the time we will be in NYC, so I don't think I can get away with skipping two. We also need a refundable rate, as tryouts are officially in May and there is some chance he would be on a team that does not participate in this; although I don't think that likely, its not impossible. This is not the only "away" tournament they are doing..and one is on Memorial day weekend, which also makes for expensive hotels. Okay, this is not the BP forum...so...

--Any recommendations or tips on where to book? I can google search, etc, but just checking if anyone has any personal knowledge or knows of a lesser known decent place to stay. As far as airbnbs, I hesitate to do that due to needing a refundable rate, etc...but after May that may be a choice.

Thanks~!
    lucky single mom to 20 yr old dd and 17 yr old ds through 2 very different adoption routes

baymom is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

We've been lucky so far in that our kids' away tournaments have been to relatively inexpensive hotel cities. But, we do have friends who've gone to Cooperstown for baseball and shared an AirBnB house. That actually sounds so fun to me! I'm familiar with Seattle, but not Redmond, so don't have any lodging suggestions. But, do you think it might be an option to rent a house for the weekend with another family? You'd avoid some eating out costs by cooking and it would be a fun bonding experience, as well.

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

My dh liked the Even hotel.
    Airbnb has a variety of cancellations rules. We are booked in a very flexible one. Don’t dismiss that idea. We’re saving a bunch over a hotel on our upcoming trip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sunnyside is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Not an exciting hotel, but when I go to Redmond for work, I stay in the Silver Cloud. It has a pool, and there is a Thai restaurant close by. Not sure what kind of hotel you are looking for. This is not a resort at all...
    Mama to two sweet girls - Summer 2010 and Spring 2015

Thanks for the replies! I will look into the suggestions! Definitely not looking for a resort; can't afford it and we probably won't spend much time at the hotel anyway (but hard to know as we wont get the tournament schedule until a week before). So far, other families arent into sharing houses, etc...maybe when it gets closer and they realize how much money we are talking about! LOL!
    Last edited by JustMe; 03-29-2018 at 02:40 AM.
    lucky single mom to 20 yr old dd and 17 yr old ds through 2 very different adoption routes

sunnyside, I pmed you!

urquie is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Do you know if the tournament is at Marymoor Park or 60 Acres Park?

If it's at 60 Acres, look into the Totem Lake area of Kirkland (maybe Comfort Inn Kirkland), it's probably the closest you could get to the soccer fields. Also, very close and almost as convenient as Redmond, would be Woodinville (maybe Hampton Inn & Suites).

If it's at Marymoor, check the Redmond Inn.

NCGrandma is online now Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by urquie View Post
    Do you know if the tournament is at Marymoor Park or 60 Acres Park?

If it's at 60 Acres, look into the Totem Lake area of Kirkland (maybe Comfort Inn Kirkland), it's probably the closest you could get to the soccer fields. Also, very close and almost as convenient as Redmond, would be Woodinville (maybe Hampton Inn & Suites).

If it's at Marymoor, check the Redmond Inn.
    I know nothing about that area, BUT I do recognize the name Woodinville from all those times I placed phone orders from Hanna outlets!

Sent from my iPad using Baby Bargains

urquie is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by NCGrandma View Post
    I know nothing about that area, BUT I do recognize the name Woodinville from all those times I placed phone orders from Hanna outlets!

Sent from my iPad using Baby Bargains
    Haha - yes, same Woodinville! There are also a couple Trader Joe's nearby.

I am pretty sure its at 60 Acres park. This is part of what is so frustrating to me about club soccer. No one is really talking about this and it was only mentioned briefly on an e-mail that went out to everyone (along with the summer plan). I looked at the tournament website, which is not even complete for 2018 yet and it does mention 60 Acres park...so that is my assumption. Anyway, thanks for the tips!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast