Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    khalloc is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Bathing suits for 12 year old girls?

Where do you shop for bathing suits for 12 yo girls? She wants bikinis. Last year she had size XL(14) from Athleta. Not sure I want to buy that size from there again. She doesn’t like Justice (not cool enough)

She’s does want them to be childish. Can we move up to Athleta women’s size XS or XXS maybe? Just trying to get ideas or other places to try too.

We have no Target around so that’s not a great option for us. We have a vacation to Caribbean coming up and need 1-2 suits. Thanks!
    DD 11/2005
    DS 4/2008

maestramommy is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

both DD1 and 2 wanted bikinis this year. I got them from Lands End.
    Melinda
    Mommy to
    The Gift 10/01/05
    Elfgirl 5/25/07
    Sparky 6/27/09

"Sunset to Twilight, Our Family's Journey with Alzheimer's." http://maestramommi.blogspot.com/

SASM is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

My 13yo isn't into fashion...she despises bikinis BUT loves her Justice bikini with bananas all over it.
    Mom to:
    1 BLUE (03) and 2 PINK (05 & 07)
    ^i^ 10.01 & 12.03

Pardon my typos...blasted Auto-correct!!

Default Bathing suits for 12 year old girls?

DD (12) is on swim team and will only wear practice suits when she swims. She can’t handle the feel of bikinis.

Both Speedo and Tyr (and maybe some other swim brands) have cute, sporty bikinis. This year, several of them tie in the back in a way that’s popular now. Maybe check out your local swim store. My DD wears size 30 (she’s 5’1.5” and 100 lbs.)

Here’s a link to what I’m talking about, from our local swim store

http://elsmoreswim.com/index.php?cPath=1_2_7

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by georgiegirl; 03-31-2018 at 07:14 PM.
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

KpbS is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I would steer her from a bikini for a trip to the Caribbean. Too much sunscreen to apply! What about a cute takini with frilly top?
    K

Topshop has some cute suits at Nordstrom. My tween has a gingham one piece. If she wants a bikini, just get a cute rash guard if worried about being in the sun all day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by georgiegirl View Post
    DD (12) is on swim team and will only wear practice suits when she swims. She can’t handle the feel of bikinis.

Both Speedo and Tyr (and maybe some other swim brands) have cute, sporty bikinis. This year, several of them tie in the back in a way that’s popular now. Maybe check out your local swim store. My DD wears size 30 (she’s 5’1.5” and 100 lbs.)

Here’s a link to what I’m talking about, from our local swim store

http://elsmoreswim.com/index.php?cPath=1_2_7

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Local swim shop?!? 😂😂😂 what is that?? I live in Vermont. I can’t think or any store that is dedicated to swimming or swimsuits. I guess those are reserved for places where summer lasts more thank 8 weeks. 😆

I do like the suits you look linked to! I’ll probably have to shop online. Not many places stock swimsuits around here.

Quote Originally Posted by KpbS View Post
    I would steer her from a bikini for a trip to the Caribbean. Too much sunscreen to apply! What about a cute takini with frilly top?
    You know I’m not sure why DD even cares about her swim suit being a bikini because she usually wears a rash guard most of the time since she is worried about getting a sunburn.

Quote Originally Posted by khalloc View Post
    You know I’m not sure why DD even cares about her swim suit being a bikini because she usually wears a rash guard most of the time since she is worried about getting a sunburn.
    That might actually be why. It may be cooler/more comfortable for her to layer the rash guard over a bikini top than over a bulkier tankini top or one piece? I am firmly in the modest tankini or one piece camp myself, but even I have considered buying (my first ever) bikini top just for wearing under rash guards.
    DS 2/14
    DD 8/17

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I bet if you look ok you’d find local swim shops. Plenty of adults swim in gyms and I bet there are year round swim teams (and at the very least, some schools with a high school swim team). Triathlons are a big deal in my 4 season location. All of them need suits year round.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast