Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Bathing suits for 12 year old girls?

Quote Originally Posted by khalloc View Post
    Local swim shop?!? what is that?? I live in Vermont. I can’t think or any store that is dedicated to swimming or swimsuits. I guess those are reserved for places where summer lasts more thank 8 weeks.

I do like the suits you look linked to! I’ll probably have to shop online. Not many places stock swimsuits around here.
    I’m in Iowa and we have swim shops here. It’s for swimmers, kids on swim team, adult swimmers. Triathletes. In addition to suits, they have goggles, kickboards, other swim gear (paddles, fins), team warm ups, parkas, swim bags, etc.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Default Bathing suits for 12 year old girls?

We ended up at Justice of all places last weekend and she also ended up with a few pairs of shorts, summer dresses, and tank tops all logo/emoji/unicorn free!

Dd1 is 4’10” and 85 lbs and was still in a 12.

These are the ones she got.
    Medallion reversible swim suit

blacka d green print bikini

(Glad I checked because now they are on sale and I might be able to get a price adjustment).

Dd1 wanted to go to Athleta as well but the two stores are 45 minutes or so (in opposite directions) from our house and she needed the suit that day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by AnnieW625; 04-01-2018 at 07:24 PM.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

mom2binsd is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

If anyone sees a Jolyn swim trunk show at a swim meet or a beach, they have darling athletic swimsuits. A friend is one of their VP's and she did a trunk show at a meet here and DD was her assistant, all of the girls went crazy for the suits. They sell online too , but I think it helps to be able to try them on.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

sariana is online now Diamond level (5000+ posts)

My Costco had bikinis through girls size 16. They were cute, not childish. Mostly geometric designs, I think.
    DS '04 "Boogaboo"
    DD '08 "Lilybear"

Quote Originally Posted by khalloc View Post
    Local swim shop?!? 😂😂😂 what is that?? I live in Vermont. I can’t think or any store that is dedicated to swimming or swimsuits. I guess those are reserved for places where summer lasts more thank 8 weeks. 😆

I do like the suits you look linked to! I’ll probably have to shop online. Not many places stock swimsuits around here.
    Dont know where in Vermont you are but I have shopped in a swim shop in white river junction. I have also seen athletic swim suits in bike and running store, who cater to triathletes. Vermont has a few USA swimming teams and they are usually affliated with a swim shop.

citymama is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

My 12 year old has a tankini top + bikini bottom from Athleta Girl and we just got her a swim shorts bottom + bikini top from there as well (both in size XL/14). The women's XS would likely be too big on her - I wear a women's XS so we can tell from the sizing - but you could try with their free ship and returns policy. Don't go with the bra cup - see if maybe they have a bandeau style in XXS + shorts.

If Athleta Girl isn't going to work then I would try Nordstrom. They have a ton of options.

for Sandy Hook

My 13 year old wore adult size 2 piece for the first time last year and she is super skinny with a small chest but tall. The xs tops fit fine, but it took some trial and error with different brands to get the bottoms small enough. I ordered some from Nordstrom’s and some from 6pm. Maaji is super popular with teens here but also very expensive so was nice to get it cheaper at 6pm. Roxy is junior size so that may be a good brand to try. My dd likes to mix and match tops and bottoms so that made it easier to get the size right.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2