Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    bisous is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Oh my gosh! That is just appalling. I'm so sorry. I just couldn't not comment, I just can't believe the ignorance.

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

In a world in which Marlee Matlin and Linda Bove were very much the public face of Deaf people for much of my childhood, this has me shaking my head.

I can't even begin to parse out what made this at all appropriate to say out loud ... or even think at all.

I am so sorry.

p.s. - if it was an employee at MVC, use their "contact us" info to make a report.
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

Quote Originally Posted by *myfoursons View Post
    I can’t even process those questions. She honestly sounds mentally ill. It was another customer, yes? Because if they worked there I would be contacting those supervisor so fast. So sorry you’re u had to deal with her.
    Unfortunately, she WAS one of the employees. Serving at front desk, no less to direct people to process our paperwork.

I’ve heard many various comments over the years, but this really took the cake. I was so stunned and actually thought to myself, did she really SAY that? But when my son asked what’s sterilized, that spurred me on.

I had the pleasure of trapping her with her own written evidence though. So that’s my little bit of karma. I asked her, pretending I didn’t understand her to write down what she said to me. And that stupid lady did! I wrote back as didn’t want my son to hear what *i* thought of this piece of work.

I’m holding on this lovely “piece” of evidence of how I was treated. Already made a copy and scanned it in my email to management. But I did tell the supervisor before I left, saying she shouldn’t be the front face of that facility serving all different kinds of customers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Mummy to DS1-6/11 and DS2-1/14

trcy is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by DualvansMommy View Post
    Unfortunately, she WAS one of the employees. Serving at front desk, no less to direct people to process our paperwork.

I’ve heard many various comments over the years, but this really took the cake. I was so stunned and actually thought to myself, did she really SAY that? But when my son asked what’s sterilized, that spurred me on.

I had the pleasure of trapping her with her own written evidence though. So that’s my little bit of karma. I asked her, pretending I didn’t understand her to write down what she said to me. And that stupid lady did! I wrote back as didn’t want my son to hear what *i* thought of this piece of work.

I’m holding on this lovely “piece” of evidence of how I was treated. Already made a copy and scanned it in my email to management. But I did tell the supervisor before I left, saying she shouldn’t be the front face of that facility serving all different kinds of customers.

She worked there?! I honestly thought it was just some random person. I have no words.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains
    DD 12/10
    DS 10/15

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I am so incredibly sorry. But good for you!! I’m so glad you’ll be able to follow this up the chain!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

khm is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

Uh, yeah, her employers clearly need to know about this. Wow. Good on you for having the paper!! (Or, having the receipts as the kids say....)

Just stunningly appalling.

What an incredibly smart move on your part to have that idiot record her own ignorance and bigotry! I’d like to say I’m shocked by her behavior, but, unfortunately, I’m not. I’m well aware now of how much hatred and stupidity exists in our country and of how much license people feel they have— and actually do have— to disseminate their deplorable and dangerous opinions. I’m sorry this happened to you and your son! I’m glad you’re pursuing the situation, and I hope the company addresses it appropriately.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

mom2binsd is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Wow, in 2018 this is sad and disgusting !!!! Please follow through with your complaint, she needs to be educated and maybe be required to undergo training. Can't imagine how she deals with others.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Wow, jaw dropped here. Sorry and shocked that you have to deal with this. But my mantra this week has been "people are dumb"

That is unbelievable! People are horrible. Good for you for standing up to her and contacting management. Please keep pushing this issue! I'm so sorry someone treated you that way.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast