Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

whuuuuccckkkkkkk?????? Ok, at first I thought it wasn't a worker saying they didn't realize deaf people could drive. I can see that comment--sort of, like if it were phrased differently etc. But this person WORKS there--shouldn't she KNOW who can get a license and who can't?????? And why in the whuckity whack of all the universe would someone EVER say that deaf people--or ANY people should be sterilized???? Like I just can't get it.

Good for you to get her to write down what she said--and the fact that she wrote it down proves just how freaking stupid she is. Like, she doesn't even understand what an awful comment that was??? (or she does and she doesn't care???) You did better than I would have. I would have been so shocked that I couldn't respond. Good recovery on your part. Really. I would have just been gobsmacked.

I so hope the supervisor does something. Please let us know what response you receive.

And giant hugs to you. (ok, so maybe some people should be sterilized....and she is an example.....on so many levels)
    Mom to:
    DS '02
    DS '05
    Percy--the wild furry child!!! 2022----
    Simon--the first King Charles cutie 2009-2022
    RIP Andy, the furry first child, 1996-2012

"The task of any religion is not to tell us who we are entitled to hate but to teach us who we are required to love."

California is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

What an awful thing to have someone say, and feel so comfortable with the hateful words that she actually wrote it out, too. (But how very brilliant of you to ask her to!!) She is stuck seeing the world through this twisted, ugly lens, each and every day of her life. She is incapable of really seeing you at all. That is her dark place. I'm so sorry she tried to put a little of her own darkness on you, and that you were hurt by her ignorance.

TwoBees is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I am stunned, appalled, and want to vomit from what that woman said to you. And she wrote it down??? OMG. I am so, so sorry.
    Mom to a spirited, red-headed, former 28-weeker 10/2009 and a more mellow monkey 12/2013.

petesgirl is online now Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Wait, what? I can't even wrap my head around why somebody would make that kind of comment. I really hope she gets fired, she has no place being a 'public servant'.
    Maybe she needs to be sterilized...your offspring will bring more good into the world than hers will, being raised with that kind of prejudice and ignorance.
    Mama to :
    DS1 (July 2011)
    DD (Feb 2014-June 2015)
    DS2 (Apr 2017)

"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view...Until you climb inside his skin and walk around in it."
    --Atticus Finch (To Kill A Mockingbird)

bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by California View Post
    What an awful thing to have someone say, and feel so comfortable with the hateful words that she actually wrote it out, too. (But how very brilliant of you to ask her to!!) She is stuck seeing the world through this twisted, ugly lens, each and every day of her life. She is incapable of really seeing you at all. That is her dark place. I'm so sorry she tried to put a little of her own darkness on you, and that you were hurt by her ignorance.
    Yes. You were brilliant to ask for her to write it down. I never would have had my stuff together enough to ask to do that. So bravo to you. You'll have to update us with what ends up happening.

What the actual hell.
    I can't even.
    Good for you for getting written proof!!! And if it doesn't make it up the chain, you totally need to reach out to one of those local network "on your side" things.
    What a reprehensible excuse for a human being!
    Liz
    Proud mama to DS1: 2007
    and DS2:2010

Life is too short to wear boring socks.

doberbrat is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Thats horrible. The fact that she was willing to write it down proves that she truly 100% believes its ok to say these things b/c she isnt in the least concerned about evidence.

You cant fix stupid....
    dd1 10/05
    dd2 11/09
    and ... a mini poodle!

JustMe is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Ugh, how completely inexcusable! I am sorry.

Great quick thinking getting her to write it down though! I sure hope they do something. I don't know if you want to put time and energy into this, but it sure wouldn't hurt to follow up with an e-mail to the agency.
    lucky single mom to 20 yr old dd and 17 yr old ds through 2 very different adoption routes

update to my situation in first posting.
    Mummy to DS1-6/11 and DS2-1/14

Quote Originally Posted by DualvansMommy View Post
    update to my situation in first posting.
    I'm glad you got justice.
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast