Default White Hour Tour - What to Bring

Hi All,

I'm taking 6 year old DD2 to D.C. for 1.5 days in 2 weeks. I just received our White House tour passes! I'm excited but saw that you can't even bring in a purse. How do you manage this? Do I just have to leave everything in our hotel and then make a trip back to the hotel to grab our stuff for the day?

We have an early morning White House tour booked, a hop on hop off bus booked and then a tour of the Printing and Engraving for late afternoon. Trying to take it easy and not pack too much in our short trip.

I'm open to any and all other tips and tricks you might have! It's been 10 years since I've been in D.C. and this is the first trip for just the 2 of us!
    dd1 3/09
    dd2 9/11

Smillow is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I went a couple of years ago and I took a wristlet. We weren’t doing any other major sightseeing so I didn’t need a lot of stuff.
    DS 2/09

sdjeppa is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

I just went with DS1 to DC in February. I just took a small wallet in my coat pocket. They really do mean no purse, and will turn you away, I saw it happen. We did go back to our hotel before our tour to drop stuff off and then went back (our hotel was only a few blocks away though).

For other ideas, DS1 (14) said his favorite was the FBI Experience/tour, if you are able to get tickets (you have to go through your congressman), second was the monuments at night tour.

Have fun!