MomtoNico is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default ISO boys white dress shoes. Size 2

Fro my sons first communion. I tried Craig’s list, Facebook and other resell sites. Most local stores. I am nervous to order online since I am afraid they won’t be white. I also don’t want to pay a lot since he will probably only wear them for a few hours.

liz is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Do you have any religious stores in your area? Ask the church for suggestions where others buy shoes. How about specialty dress or bridal stores?

I'm assuming no chance he can wear black? For items like this, I'm surprised the church doesn't have a clothing swap or sale to pass on Communion clothing that doesn't fit anymore. Best of luck, sounds like a tough find!

infocrazy is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Are you sure they need to be white? I don't think ANY of the boys wore white shoes...mine didn't. They also wore a normal suit...

If it is a requirement by the church, I would try asking any families you might know who had a son make their communion last year and see where they got them.

I'd try Amazon. They have free returns on shoes.

sariana is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Have you looked into renting from a tux shop?
    DS '04 "Boogaboo"
    DD '08 "Lilybear"

Payless has a couple of styles of its SmartFit shoes in white, although none that tie. I always get DS' dress shoes from here because he doesn't wear them a ton. He's never complained about the comfort.

http://www.payless.com/boys-dress-shoes/
    DS: Raising heck since 12/09

boilermakermom is offline Bargain Alerts forum moderator

Reach out to your church and check to make sure they need to be white. I have been to plenty of first communions, and do not ever remember the boys in white shoes. Usually a black or blue suit, white dress shirt, dark dress shoes.

Last edited by 1mom2dylan; 04-05-2018 at 07:46 PM.
    DS 5/09

MomtoNico is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I went to Payless and looked at the shoes at Payless. The shoes are labeled as white but they are an off white. I don’t need to hVe white shoes but I want them. I bought a white suit for my son and I want him to look nice on his special day. I love the idea of setting something up thru the church to hand down the suits. They do it for cub scouts and it’s been working..

I did order some shoes from sears. Thanks everyone for your feed back.