Default July vacation ideas?

DH and I want to go on a vacation just the 2 of us, probably July of next year when DD is almost 2. Normally we love cruises, and have considered that or an all inclusive, but our usual destinations (Bermuda/Bahamas/Caribbean) seem like they would be so hot that time of year! Any ideas for relaxing destinations on a moderate budget that would fit into a 6-8 day trip from New England? At some point we would like to do Vegas, Alaska, and Europe, but I don’t think this is the time to do those due to weather and/or time limitations.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    DS 2/14
    DD 8/17

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Montreal. Convenient and lovely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nova Scotia and PEI

nfceagles is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I would really enjoy London or Paris with that time frame if you can catch a nonstop flight out of Boston or NY.

Ireland would be fun and I can get cheap-ish nonstop flights to Dublin even out of Hartford.

I also like PPs ideas, just wanted to add a couple more.

What do you & DH usually like to do? For us with a solo trip we’d love to do a trip like New Orleans, Napa valley, or London.

Ireland is a good suggestion since weather is pretty decent that time of year. Galway is really lovely spot to visit for a relaxing trip. Lots of different festivals going on throughout that area the whole summer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Mummy to DS1-6/11 and DS2-1/14

The only trip we have had just the 2 of us in the last 5 years or so was 2 nights in NYC last summer, but before kids we usually went on cruises where we read books and took naps out on the deck, went to shows every night (which is interesting because when not on cruises it is really hard to get DH to go to a show!), etc. And we went on a lot of skydiving trips, but not doing that right now...

I think we want to go somewhere warm (our travel agent suggested Iceland, but DH nixed that one) but not super hot. If we were going in March/April I would book either a cruise or an All Inclusive in the Caribbean. But I don’t want to roast.

DS 2/14
    DD 8/17

nfceagles is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Martha’s Vineyard or Nantucket.

Bermuda isn’t as hot as the Caribbean, maybe a cruise to Bermuda out of NYC.

Quote Originally Posted by nfceagles View Post
    Martha’s Vineyard or Nantucket.

Bermuda isn’t as hot as the Caribbean, maybe a cruise to Bermuda out of NYC.

I like the Martha’s vineyard suggestion, I will have to run that by him. Cruising to Bermuda from either NY or Boston is our default backup plan It is one of our favorite vacations, and we are doing it this year with the kids, but may be nice to do it again without them.

DS 2/14
    DD 8/17

mmsmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I personally like the Caribbean in the summer. It is less expensive and less crowded. I don’t find it too hot... there is always a breeze and the water is warm but refreshing.

Hmmm, now DH (who a couple of days ago had said let's just cruise to Bermuda or Bahamas) says we can go to Europe...
    DS 2/14
    DD 8/17