Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    KrisM is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

Default Disney plans - still revising and trying to make things fit!

We're doing a Disney/Universal trip in June. Our Fastpass day is coming up soon so I'm trying to nail down plans. The kids and I were talking about it again yesterday and DS2 said he'd like to go to Magic Kingdom too. Before this, none of them had MK high on their list, so it was being skipped. Now I'm trying to figure out if I can add it in somewhere. Any thoughts on my plans?

We are driving from Michigan and should arrive on Saturday early afternoon. We are staying at the Dolphin, so get most of the Disney perks.

Day 1 - arrive and chill at the resort
    Day 2 - Rope drop Epcot, head to Animal Kingdom. Hope for FP for Flight of Passage, Everest, Safari
    Day 3 - Blizzard Beach
    Day 4 - Rope drop Animal Kingdom, head to Hollywood Studios. Hope for FP for Rock n Rollercoaster, Tower of Terror.
    Day 5 - check out and move to Universal, Islands of Adventure in the afternoon/evening.
    Day 6 - Universal all day
    Day 7 - Volcano Bay
    Day 8 - Universal all day
    Day 9 - check out and Kennedy Space Center
    Day 10 - beach in the morning and drive towards home

I have a couple versions of fast pass plans since Flight of Passage is so difficult to get. Hopefully one of them works out

I have Animal Kingdom twice, because Avatar is the big pull. If we can do FP at night, we will also get into line at the end of the day and ride it again (or the first time). We'd like to see Pandora at night. Going the other morning so we can do Navi river, and Everest a few times. Everest is a big favorite, so they want to hit it a bunch.

Maybe we could put Magic Kingdom in on the 2nd park day? Between Animal Kingdom and Hollywood? No fastpasses though. Or do we keep it and just not do MK. I don't know how to make it all work!
    Kris

bnme is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Do MK after Blizzard Beach.

bisous is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by bnme View Post
    Do MK after Blizzard Beach.
    I'm no expert. I was thinking this might work. Or will you possibly have time to go on the night you arrive? I think there is something really fun about going to MK on arrival day. Maybe you can even catch whatever nighttime spectacle is currently going on?

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Default Disney plans - still revising and trying to make things fit!

Good idea of MK on B.B. day or even arrival day. Water parks close early and can be less exhausting than a regular park. Going to MK after that makes sense. Also helps that you aren’t trying to magically get fast passes to 2 parks as you only plan to visit one real park that day.
    Or what about Epcot on arrival night? Your hotel is close, right? Might be fun to walk the countries that night!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by SnuggleBuggles; 04-06-2018 at 05:32 PM.

Is there a reason you want to do blizzard bay? Cuz I see on your plan you also have volcano trip.

I would drop BB and just focus on volcano since that is the newest waterpark. Otherwise if your family really want to hit up 2 waterparks, I agree on hitting up B.B. on day of arrival if there is time for that. As no idea how early they close.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Mummy to DS1-6/11 and DS2-1/14

MK after the water park might work. I worry that the water park is exhausting with stairs to climb in the hot sun. I hadn't thought about moving Epcot to our arrival day. That might work too. I'm not totally sure when we'd get there, but yes we can walk which definitely makes it easier.

We've tossed around only me and DS2 going to MK. That might work for either of these plans,too.

DS1 really wanted to do waterparks last time we were in Disney and we didn't for various reasons. He's asked to do a couple this time. He's not super into going to Disney, so it's his "thing" that is on our list. Trying to make it a good trip for all!
    Kris

ray7694 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I would do MK instead of Epcot.

My first thought was drop BB altogether. There are water parks everywhere, and BB is nice but not the most amazing ever. If you don't want to drop BB I would do MK in the morning and do BB later in the day. The parks open earlier than the water parks usually. You can go to MK in the morning, and hit BB in the afternoon, and even go back to MK in the evening. I'm with your DS, I can't imagine skipping MK. I love Space Mountain, Pirates, Splash, and so much more!o
    Last edited by TwinFoxes; 04-07-2018 at 09:05 AM. Reason: Typo
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

Some great ideas here. I have about 9 days before making fastpass picks, so we will be figuring it out this weekend! I think the best thing will be to add another park day somewhere. I really was trying to avoid that. So expensive to add another day.

I worry a bit about planning something for the day we get there. It's about 18-20 hours of driving, but who knows with summer construction, etc. My plan is to only have 4-6 hours left on arrival day, but if we end up longer and not arriving until dinner time, it will throw off any plan.

I know the water parks are less crowded in the mornings compared to afternoon, but they might go back down by early evening too. Hours are 10am to 8pm. I think we'd be done by 2 or 3pm. I had thought maybe we'd hit Typhoon Lagoon after just as a comparison, but it may make more sense to do a park then instead. Or we can split up and some of us do a park.

I really am not a fan of all the planning for Disney! It is so stressful to get the right parks on the right day and pick the fastpasses. Universal is just easy peasy.
    Kris

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Is it really that much more to another park day? I think you’re at the magic mark now where extra days are dirt cheap.
    TF presents a neat idea of MK in the AM followed by B.B. that’s actually a good idea. The water parks do tend to start the downward attendance around 3.
    I’m with you on the ease of Universal. And I haven’t even tried it with Express Passes yet!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast