Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Kestrel is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default Sister's getting married - again.

I just found out my sister is engaged to be married. Again. For the FIFTH time.

I'm so over it. Of course, I'll attend the wedding with my family and play nice. But - I'm not attending the bridal shower, bachelorette event, pre-party (my family tradition to make favors/table-toppers, ect). My household is having serious issues right now, and prep for your fifth wedding just isn't high on my priority list. Go play with your friends that don't live hours away.

Deal with it, Sis.

niccig is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

Default Sister's getting married - again.

I get it. My sister is similar. It’s difficult to get enthusiastic. I’d only do/go to the events you can.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains
    Last edited by niccig; 04-08-2018 at 09:48 PM.

JustMe is online now Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Oh my, five times! I thought that only happened on tv. You are great for going to whatever events you do go to! I hope things get better for your household soon!
    lucky single mom to 20 yr old dd and 17 yr old ds through 2 very different adoption routes

hbridge is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Do what is best FOR YOU!!!!! And don't feel the least bit badly about it!!!!

Enjoy whatever parties and celebrations make sense to you!

Twoboos is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Wait, 5 times with all the associated events?? Wow. SIL is on 3 and we were barely invited to that one, and the timing was so bad we didn't go. It was very small, maybe 15 people.

Um yah skip all the extra stuff. Jeez.
    "Every mother needs a wife." - Amy Poehler, Yes Please

5 times?? DH was married once before he married me. He has said that if we ever got divorced, he wouldn't marry again because he figures that failing at it twice would be a good sign that he doesn't know how to be married and probably shouldn't do it again. I can't imagine 5 times. At some point, don't people see a common denominator here? And how does one get excited to do all the events for the 5th time--cuz at that point, you know you will probably be doing this a 6th and 7th time.....

Sorry you are dragged into this. I think I would show up to the wedding and that is IT. yeesh.
    Mom to:
    DS '02
    DS '05
    Percy--the wild furry child!!! 2022----
    Simon--the first King Charles cutie 2009-2022
    RIP Andy, the furry first child, 1996-2012

"The task of any religion is not to tell us who we are entitled to hate but to teach us who we are required to love."

doberbrat is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Sorry, I'm just dying to know - are there 5 dresses etc? 5 ceremonies w/all the hoopla?? She's practically an industry!

Go to the actual ceremony if you can manage it and call it good.
    dd1 10/05
    dd2 11/09
    and ... a mini poodle!

nfceagles is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Is she getting married for the 5th time or is she engaged for the 5th time???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by nfceagles View Post
    Is she getting married for the 5th time or is she engaged for the 5th time???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That’s what I’m wondering too!! bless your heart if it’s the actual wedding you’ve attended so far.....I would really just keep it very low key if I were you. Just the ceremony itself and bolt early even afterwards if it’s possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Mummy to DS1-6/11 and DS2-1/14

gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by StantonHyde View Post
    . And how does one get excited to do all the events for the 5th time--cuz at that point, you know you will probably be doing this a 6th and 7th time.....

Sorry you are dragged into this. I think I would show up to the wedding and that is IT. yeesh.
    A friend of mine was telling a story about a mutual acquaintance whose wedding we were invited to. The acquaintance was 29 and this was her 3rd marriage. My friend said he had known her since college. She married one of his fraternity brothers and he attended that wedding as well (her first). She admitted to him that as she was walking down the aisle she thought to herself, “This is so fun I can’t wait to do this again!”

OP, I hope you found a graceful way out of that craziness.
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast