Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Kestrel is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

OP here.

Yep, four full weddings with all the events; prepping for number five.

What do you get someone for their fifth bridal shower? (nothing from me!)

Yep, this is the fifth full white wedding dress getting fitted now - she's fifty years old with five kids, not exactly a virgin bride. Enough with the gowns, already. In her last house, a four-foot closet contained nothing but the four wedding dresses. (She does have five girls, so maybe she's thinking that the girls will want them?)

On a positive note, this is a great guy, (some weren't) but still.. I'm done.

doberbrat is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Kestrel View Post
    OP here..... In her last house, a four-foot closet contained nothing but the four wedding dresses. (She does have five girls, so maybe she's thinking that the girls will want them?)
    Well see, there you go; makes perfect sense! She wants to make sure that each daughter gets her own gown to be handed down to.

I think every bride is entitled to as many elaborate weddings as they wish to pay for but I can totally see being over attending all the hoopla. Seriously - go to the ceremony if you can. The party if you wish to see other family for the celebration and call it well done. No need to feel obligated for a shower or other pre wedding nonsense
    dd1 10/05
    dd2 11/09
    and ... a mini poodle!

Quote Originally Posted by gatorsmom View Post
    A friend of mine was telling a story about a mutual acquaintance whose wedding we were invited to. The acquaintance was 29 and this was her 3rd marriage. My friend said he had known her since college. She married one of his fraternity brothers and he attended that wedding as well (her first). She admitted to him that as she was walking down the aisle she thought to herself, “This is so fun I can’t wait to do this again!”

OP, I hope you found a graceful way out of that craziness.
    That is funny!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2