Thread: Funny bitch

hillview is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Default Funny bitch

Today is nice enough outside to do some yard work. Neither DH or I are yard work people but our yard needed some attention. I went out with DS1 to start some raking and debris gathering. DH came back from practice with DS2 and after a bit came out to help. He raked for about 5 minutes and then spent 40 minutes on his stomach on the ground picking out little weeds. This is sooooo DH. The big picture is the the entire yard (front, 2 sides and back) all needed to be raked and then the debris put into leaf bags. I filled 6 huge leaf bags plus a large garbage can full of junk. He picked tiny weeds carefully from the ground (vine things) all together his weeds maybe filled a soda can. ARGH.
    DS #1 Summer 05
    DS #2 Summer 07

hellokitty is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Lol, this is very similar to the way DH and I operate when doing yardwork, we're completely opposite.
    Mom to 3 LEGO Maniacs

nfceagles is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

This is so my DH. He’s honestly a really hard worker but I’m so often frustrated by what he focuses on. Our house will be embarrassing and he’ll spend a weekend rearranging the shed or sweeping the unfinished basement or something I don’t even see as a need.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

trcy is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by nfceagles View Post
    This is so my DH. He’s honestly a really hard worker but I’m so often frustrated by what he focuses on. Our house will be embarrassing and he’ll spend a weekend rearranging the shed or sweeping the unfinished basement or something I don’t even see as a need.

Are we married to the same man? One weekend we had company coming. The house was a wreck. He spent several hours organizing draws!

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains
    DD 12/10
    DS 10/15

ellies mom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

My husband is the same way. We had company coming one time and I cleaned the entire downstairs in the time it took him to clean the downstairs bathroom.

Veronica

Miss Ellie 11/03
    Baby Audrey 4/08

jgenie is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Ha! This is my hubby! We’re getting ready for a party and that’s when he decides the cd cabinet is a mess and needs to be straightened!

bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

OH MY GOSH. You guys get it. This is totally my life. Picture having 4 kids including a newborn and being desperate for a break. DH convinces you that you just must hold down the fort for a few hours while he works outside and gets the yard in order (weeds, mowing, etc.) and then he spends two hours turning ONE tree into a masterpiece. It was so frustrating. It provided my neighbors a few hours of entertainment. They couldn't believe how long he worked on the tree! THAT SAID, that tree really is lovely now and four years later the shape is still holding up! But GAHHH! OP, I'm picturing that whole thing. Hilarious!

I empathize! My DH used to OBSESS about leaf clean up in the fall at our old house. Every weekend he’d be out for hours raking and hauling leaves throughout the entire season. If even one leaf fell after he’d cleaned, he’d be out again! Trust me, more leaves always fall! Every year I’d tell him to do one big rake mid October and then watch the weather for snow and do a final mow right before. The leaves mulch into the grass, and it’s fine. He did not believe me. It got so that practically every weekend and evening he was out there picking up leaves and grumbling about how much work it was!!! I had to take over the fall yard work just so he wouldn’t drive me nuts! Now we’re on a property ringed by woods but with only three trees in our actual lawn, and he’s willing to just mow over the leaves. Thank the Lord!

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

This is not my DH, but my very good friend! She would totally do this and be so very proud of her "Major" accomplishment.

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Well, I’m the one who does that in my family! Before one party, I organized a cabinet. Before another, I scrubbed the front and insides of other cabinets. Totally places no one would even notice! Huge tasks were still on my to do list but I noticed those and absolutely had to do them. Pretty common practice for me. I can walk by something for months then all of a sudden have to deal with it.