Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    squimp is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by hillview View Post
    OK I've made about 10 brownie recipes from scratch and NON beat the brownie mix from Ghirardelli available in just about any grocery store. Also good is the Trader Joe's mix. I am not a mix person (I've been making bread from scratch weekly) but just sayin
    I was going to say the same thing, we just discovered the Ghiradellis caramel brownies and nothing compares. They are moist and delicious.

WitMom is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

After DD was born, someone brought us brownies. They were SOOOOO GOOD. I asked for the recipe- Ghiradelli mix. The mix at Costco is triple chocolate; I think the “regular” is just double chocolate. Either way- yum!

boilermakermom is offline Bargain Alerts forum moderator

Quote Originally Posted by khm View Post
    I was going to recommend those as well. They are darn good. Somehow, I feel like the mix at Coscto is slightly better? Might be in my head.

I literally take them to every picnic we're invited to. I don't believe I've ever brought any home....

I think the mix from Costco is definitely better than the mix you can buy elsewhere. It’s my go to for parties and picnics, and it is always gone within a hour or so!!!! I gave up on scratch mix!

mom2khj is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

We use the Costco Ghiradelli mix too.

If you like a cinnamon/chocolate/spicy combo, these are REALLY good. Not a scratch recipe, it embellishes a box mix. But very good!

https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/...recipe-2049003
    mom to DD1 (17), DD2 (14) and DS (9)

bnme is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I used to agree that scratch wasn't worth it for brownies, but then I tried this recipe trying to use up some cocoa powder:
    https://www.hersheys.com/kitchens/en...-brownies.html
    I didn't use the frosting, but added chips (which were Ghirardelli, so I am sure that helped). I also whipped the eggs and sugar separately before adding. They were super fudgey and sooo sooo good.
    Last edited by bnme; 04-16-2018 at 01:23 PM.
    Donna

Mom to JT 1/03 and TJ 8/04

Philly Mom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

This is amazing and so much better than the mixes. I tried to just do the Ghirardelli and was so disappointed. 94B7F7AD-AF4D-4627-A44C-93159B54D719.jpg

King Arthur has a great recipe:
    https://www.kingarthurflour.com/reci...rownies-recipe

but also agree that Ghiradelli makes a great boxed brownie.

Percycat is online now Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Another recommendation for Ghiradelli from Costco --- we take them out as soon as we start to smell chocolate. The times on the box don't work for our oven.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2