Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default How old for The Last Jedi?

DS1 and DS2 ages 14 and 10 have already seen it. Tomorrow I'm considering showing it to DS3 who is 6.5 and has seen all the prior Star Wars movies except for Revenge of the Sith. I don't remember this particular movie having anything terribly disturbing or violent aside from one scene with the Jedis but I remember it being rather quick. Do you think it is appropriate? Common Sense Media says 10 and it is a PG 13 movie. Aside from Star Wars my littles don't see hardly any adult movies. DD will be at preschool but the K-8 that my kids attend has the day off tomorrow so I thought I might grab that chance.

What do you think?

I think it’d be fine. DS2 saw it in the theater, and he was 5.5 at the time. DH had already seen it and deemed it okay, and it was.
    DD 6/06
    DS 4/09
    DS 5/12

Pear is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Definitely no worse than any of the other Star Wars movies, except Sith and maybe rogue one. I would say it is ok, but I always watch myself first before I let Dd just in case there is something I think that will be difficult for her in particular.

klwa is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

DD2 saw it in the theater at 5, so, since he's seen the others minus Sith, I think he'll be fine. Sith is far more disturbing than Last Jedi to me.
    -Kris
    DS (9/05)
    DD (8/08)
    DD (9/12)

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I’d be fine with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

legaleagle is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

My kids just watched it yesterday - I'd say it's definitely less upsetting than some of the others. They're 9, 8 & 6. The older 2 saw it in the theater.

FWIW they haven't seen 2 or 3 both because they're more upsetting and because I hate them and don't want to have to sit down there while they watch.

Quote Originally Posted by legaleagle View Post
    My kids just watched it yesterday - I'd say it's definitely less upsetting than some of the others. They're 9, 8 & 6. The older 2 saw it in the theater.

FWIW they haven't seen 2 or 3 both because they're more upsetting and because I hate them and don't want to have to sit down there while they watch.
    Hahaha. DH absolutely hates them too. I think actually DS3 has not seen 2 either, also too scary.

Well, I showed it today. I did see it before and didn't remember anything upsetting and DS3 was not scared at all. He also didn't really get too involved in it but it was fine.

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Dd1 saw it and was 7.5 and did just fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

vonfirmath is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

*wry* where are all these 6 year olds that can handle star Wars movies?

My 6 year old daughter saw the Original Star Wars (ep 4) and -loved- it. The kids REALLY wanted to watch the next one. I warned them the ending was not as good. But they still wanted to see it. So we saw it Saturday. She cried herself to sleep and now she never ever wants to watch Star Wars again.
    Married 3/04
    DS 8/07
    DD born 8/11

Quote Originally Posted by vonfirmath View Post
    *wry* where are all these 6 year olds that can handle star Wars movies?

My 6 year old daughter saw the Original Star Wars (ep 4) and -loved- it. The kids REALLY wanted to watch the next one. I warned them the ending was not as good. But they still wanted to see it. So we saw it Saturday. She cried herself to sleep and now she never ever wants to watch Star Wars again.
    See, I think V is the BEST Star Wars.

My kids are scared of the Muppets... but are fine with Star Wars. I totally don't get it either!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast