Mikey0709 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default Catholic Church - Confirmation question re: sponsor

Quick question for Catholic parents who had their children go through Confirmation - - did you buy any sort of gift or thank you for your child's sponsor???? Ours is an aide who assisted my son for many years, and I just feel like we should do a little something for her since this is really the end of religious education together? Any suggestions? Thanks!

melrose7 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

My kids haven’t gone through Conformation yet but I remember getting a small gift for my Aunt who was my sponsor and I remember getting something from my cousin when I was her sponsor. I can’t remember exactly what each gift was but they were small thoughtful little gifts with a religious thank you card.

gamma is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Yes, usually some type of remembrance gift is given. A small piece of jewelry, rosary, religious item, frame with a photo of the Conformendi and Sponser.

Mikey0709 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Thanks!

California is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Not Catholic but for our faith, yes- my DS took his mentor out to lunch (just the two of them, his first time taking someone out to lunch that wasn't his grandma), and we gave her flowers.