Default Help! My dryer died!

Please give me your best advice. We currently have Samsung front loaders side by side in a very small hallway off the garage. Don't want to stack them at this point because I am short and there is cabinetry above that would have to come out. I hate making these types of decisions quickly. Do need to replace the washer too? Give me your best recommendations for reliable and LARGE dryers. Thank you!!!

hbridge is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

We replace as needed, never the washer and dryer at the same time. HOWEVER, our laundry is in the basement with no real space requirements and no one sees them so I don't care if they match. I HATE replacing appliances so I completely understand. We replaced our dryer a few weeks ago since it needed another $200 repair, the same one as 6 months ago!!! My research told me to stay away from Samsung and our small stand-alone appliance store does not even carry them because they have so much trouble with them. I finally decided on the SpeedQueen with the 5 year warrantee. The only reason was the warrantee, I am so tired of dealing with appliances dying! It's fine. I think it leaves the clothes a little more wrinkled than our Whirlpool did, but I haven't experimented with setting, ect. too much. Good luck!

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

We are very happy with our Electrolux gas dryer which is the base model. We have had it for 6 years and have been happy with it, and have had no issues with it. The only downside of the dryer is the depth so be sure to measure first (we did not and it barely fits).

We have a Speed Queen washer for 5 years and are happy with it as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

We like our Electrolux dryer. It fits a ton.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

jenstring95 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

When our washer died we did not replace our dryer at the same time. They are both white and coordinate well enough for me. I just can't see getting rid of a perfectly good appliance, especially when it is out of the way and not the focal point of a room (unlike appliances in the kitchen).