Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    jenstring95 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Can you convince her to try out and remind her that even if she makes it she doesn't actually have to accept? (Of course, the goal would be for her to make it and accept, but it might make her feel like she has a little more control over the situation if she knows she can back out. It also buys you or the coach more time to convince her. It may help to have her talk to both her current coaches and the HS coach.

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by momof2girls View Post
    DD is in HS and does all star cheer. ... DD was thinking of tying out for HS cheer for this coming fall (as well as staying with all star). Word has gotten back to her that 2 girls on JV were saying she shouldn’t because she already does all star (as do a handful of girls already on the HS team who are all very nice). ... Regardless, my issue is with DD telling me she no longer wants to try out because if these 2 girls. I didn’t realize she would be so weak in a situation such as this. She does have a bit of anxiety overall, but I really hoped she wouldn’t have been so insecure that she would let such comments affect her decisions. Any guidance?
    Could she talk with her All-Star coach(es) to get herself a bit more confident? They already know what skill level she is, and how hard she works to be there, and can probably bring some much-needed perspective.

One of my friends coaches/owns a gym for an amazing All-Star program (that I would send my own child to if it weren't so far away) and she's always able to connect with "her" kids on a respected-but-still-cool adult level that, frankly, moms just don't have, no matter how good our relationships are with our kids.

Also?

15 is flipping hard.
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2