Default Do you have an air-fryer?

I started a healthy eating journey almost 2 years ago. I'm always on the lookout for new recipe options that will please my family. I got an instant pot for christmas and fell in love. Now I'm looking at an air fryer, possibly...I would really love to be able to make chicken parm again. Anyone have one they love? Anyone really think it's not worth it? TIA!
    Megs
    DD1 (13-ish)
    DS (11-ish)
    DD2 (5-ish)

I just got one last week. The NuWave Brio 6Q. It was $89 at Kohl's bc I had $10 Kohl's Cash, and then I added stuff to get over $100 and get $20 Kohl's cash back. I am planning on using the Cash to get the accessory kit.
    It is fun! We are trying the skinnytaste pickle brined chicken tenders in it tonight so I'll report back and let you know how it goes - that should be similar to chicken parm results.
    Frozen french fries were great. You could definitely tell a difference. I also used it for skinnytaste bagels. I didn't notice much of a difference between the air fryer and the toaster oven where I have been baking them.

My husband asked if it was the "next instant pot". Yep. Same idea - you can make the same things in a different way.

JBaxter is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I've had one for a close to 2 yrs. Ido all kinds of veggies in it and make whole roasted chicken quite often.
    Jeana, Momma to 4 fantastic sons

Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you're stupid and make bad decisions

Dream is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by JBaxter View Post
    I've had one for a close to 2 yrs. Ido all kinds of veggies in it and make whole roasted chicken quite often.
    So what's the difference between roasting chicken in the oven vs in the air fryer?
    DD1 September 2008
    DD2 March 2011

JBaxter is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Dream View Post
    So what's the difference between roasting chicken in the oven vs in the air fryer?
    It takes an hour and comes out more rotisserie style
    Jeana, Momma to 4 fantastic sons

Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you're stupid and make bad decisions

essnce629 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

We've had our air fryer for a while as well (Phillips brand). We use ours a lot, probably as much or more than our Instant Pot. DH cooks chicken breasts in it weekly for his work salads and I make chicken wings and bratwurst sausages in it weekly for gluten-free DS1's lunch. I make baked potatoes and sweet potatoes in it and it's great for reheating leftovers that you want crispy (pizza, taquitos, etc). I also cook steaks in it.

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

legaleagle is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I've been thinking about upgrading to the breville air oven (from our beloved pro version) partially because of the air frying feature but not sure I can justify $400.

mmsmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

We have a Phillips one too. I use it for all the TJ’s frozen stuff. Keep in mind the food must have some kind of oil/fat in it for it to cook. So for something like chicken parm you would bread the chicken then spray with oil. I love it just wish it was higher capacity. I have the standard size one but Phillips does have a larger size. I have the rack so you can do multiple layers which does help with capacity.

essnce629 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by mmsmom View Post
    We have a Phillips one too. I use it for all the TJ’s frozen stuff. Keep in mind the food must have some kind of oil/fat in it for it to cook. So for something like chicken parm you would bread the chicken then spray with oil. I love it just wish it was higher capacity. I have the standard size one but Phillips does have a larger size. I have the rack so you can do multiple layers which does help with capacity.
    What rack? I wish it was larger too. We have the standard size. It was a gift and we had it in the garage for 2 years before opening it because we had no idea what it was!!!

Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

mmsmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by essnce629 View Post
    What rack? I wish it was larger too. We have the standard size. It was a gift and we had it in the garage for 2 years before opening it because we had no idea what it was!!!

It’s the:
    Philips
    Philips HD9904/00 Double Layer Rack, Silver

On Amazon. We have the rack and the flat pan.