Mikey0709 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default Iphone 6 Complaint!

Ok, posting in the bitching post... but welcome feedback.

I know my iphone 6 is old (prob going on 3 years), but it seems in good condition. What i'm bitching about - is how it has SLOWED DOWN these past few months? I know there has been some news reports about this, but is this Apple's way of telling me i'm outdated and I should have a 7, 8 or iphone X? I just don't have the $800-1000 sitting around, though i would LOVE to be able to upgrade. Bring back the days of the $199 phone - i don't want the 24 months of $35.99 added onto my bill!!!!

It's killing me with the slowness, delays, battery drain, answering and no-one hearing me, etc..... is this happening to EVERYONE???? Or is it just me?

They spoiled me with the speed of the iphone at first, now they are killing me slowly with the delays.

Yes! My iPhone 6 is about 3.5 years old (I got it when it came out). It’s so slow. And my gps no longer works and the WiFi only picks up if the signal is strong. (Granted it did fall into the toilet for a few seconds last November. ). Like you I don’t want to spend $700-$1000 on a new phone. But I know I need to and it’s going to kill me. Do I want the 8, which is just a 6 but works better or the X, which at least looks different and has some new snazzy features?
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

khm is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey0709 View Post
    Ok, posting in the bitching post... but welcome feedback.

I know my iphone 6 is old (prob going on 3 years), but it seems in good condition. What i'm bitching about - is how it has SLOWED DOWN these past few months? I know there has been some news reports about this, but is this Apple's way of telling me i'm outdated and I should have a 7, 8 or iphone X? I just don't have the $800-1000 sitting around, though i would LOVE to be able to upgrade. Bring back the days of the $199 phone - i don't want the 24 months of $35.99 added onto my bill!!!!

It's killing me with the slowness, delays, battery drain, answering and no-one hearing me, etc..... is this happening to EVERYONE???? Or is it just me?

They spoiled me with the speed of the iphone at first, now they are killing me slowly with the delays.
    Are you eligible for the $29 battery replacement? I am going to be taking my daughter's 7 in. She dropped from 28% to 3% in a minute last night. I'd noticed she's been more and more dependent on a portable charger, but I didn't realize how bad it had gotten.

https://support.apple.com/iphone/repair/battery-power

I took my 6 in last month for a new battery. If you do it, be there first thing in the morning. You have to call Apple support and schedule a replacement. When I went the first time, the wait was 6 hours. I went the next week and showed up right afternoon they opened, and it was only 2hours. It made a huge difference. Also, be sure to get the new software update. It’s supposed to give you more control over the battery throttling.

scrooks is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

My 6 has major battery problems. I replaced it with a 7 plus on the fall (the 8s were out but not the x. I love my 7plus and it didn’t cost as much as the 8s or the x.
    We kept the 6 and are thinking of activating it for the kids to have when we drop them off at sports but the battery is so bad. I’m hoping they will replace it for $29. My SIL took her 6 in to get the battery replaced and they told her it had gotten wet and they wouldn’t do it (she didn’t remember it getting wet) so I am concerned.

gamma is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

A new battery cured everything that was wrong with my iphone 6!! Which was a lot! Camera slow to focus was what made me crazy! It was much cheaper than investing in a new phone!

Mikey0709 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Thanks all - look like my next step is the $29 battery replacement!

mom2binsd is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I have read, that you can also get the battery replaced by someone else, yes, a non apple place will void your warranty, but the 6 is so old that you're not going to get it fixed anyway. If you don't want to deal with the lines at the apple store. I don't have an iphone partly because I like to be able to customize my android, and some of the apple things like this irritate me.