Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    trcy is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

Default Photographer WWYD?

Last year we had family pictures done with a photographer we found through a family friend (she uses her often). She posted a mini session on FB and we jumped on it and were very happy with the results.
    Fast forward to this year, we want to get pictures done again. She didn’t post anything about any mini sessions (in the past she had done several mini sessions throughout the year). So I pm’d her to see if she was planning any. About a week later she wrote back and said she wasn’t sure as her DH started a new job and life had been crazy. She also gave me the information for her regular sessions. I wrote back and said I would like to set up a regular session with her. This was almost a week ago and I haven’t heard back. I want to get this set up before it gets too hot. If she can’t, there are a few other photographers I can contact. I know she has a session set up with my friend in a few weeks. WWYD? Should I send her another message? Should I have my friend say something to her at her session? Should I just reach out to a different photographer? Something else? TIA!

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains
    DD 12/10
    DS 10/15

hillview is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

I'd assume she got busy and can't do it -- I'd send her an email and say you assume she is slammed and maybe next time and move on
    DS #1 Summer 05
    DS #2 Summer 07

I would call her business number if there is one. If not, I'd write her again under a separate email so it won't be part of the email thread asking about mini-sessions just so it won't get buried.
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

klwa is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by hillview View Post
    I'd assume she got busy and can't do it -- I'd send her an email and say you assume she is slammed and maybe next time and move on
    I'd think this is good.
    -Kris
    DS (9/05)
    DD (8/08)
    DD (9/12)

bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by hillview View Post
    Great strategy.

Ok, so can you help me with wording? I am terrible with these things.
    How does this sound?

Hi X. I am guessing you are really slammed right now. Hopefully we can set something up next spring.

DD 12/10
    DS 10/15

Quote Originally Posted by trcy View Post
    How does this sound?

Hi X. I am guessing you are really slammed right now. Hopefully we can set something up next spring.

Something along the lines of "Thank you so much for my beautiful photo shoot last year. I love your work. I can tell you're pretty busy right now so let's not worry about a photoshoot now--maybe let's try for next spring instead. Thanks again, trcy"

Quote Originally Posted by trcy View Post
    How does this sound?

Why would you write to her again if you're not planning on using her? If you're not going to use her, I'd just move on. I thought you were asking how to contact her again to book a full session, I misunderstood.
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

Quote Originally Posted by TwinFoxes View Post
    Why would you write to her again if you're not planning on using her? If you're not going to use her, I'd just move on. I thought you were asking how to contact her again to book a full session, I misunderstood.
    If it was me I’d want to MAKE SURE that after I dangled an offer for a shoot that she understood I had changed my plans. It seems that it should be implied from the photographers lack of response but my experience has taught me that this is not always the case, lol!

Quote Originally Posted by TwinFoxes View Post
    I originally contacted her to ask if she had any minis planned. She responded that she wasn’t sure and gave me info on her full sessions. I replied that I would like to set up a full session and then I never heard back.
    Quote Originally Posted by bisous View Post
    If it was me I’d want to MAKE SURE that after I dangled an offer for a shoot that she understood I had changed my plans. It seems that it should be implied from the photographers lack of response but my experience has taught me that this is not always the case, lol!
    Yes, this is exactly my concern. I have another photographer in mind that (from what I’ve seen) seems to to good work. Knowing my luck, I’ll set something up with the new photographer and then this one will get back to me to set something up.

DD 12/10
    DS 10/15

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast