niccig is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

Default Teachers not using online system or grading kate

Grading late!! I know how busy the teachers are, I work in schools too. I’m sometimes late with things too, by about a week. But, I can not monitor school assignments if they’re not posted on School web site and/or grade not posted until several weeks later. By the time I see a quiz missed because DS was absent, it’s a nightmare to get him to do the quiz. He tells me he couldn’t do it during the weeks of testing and now the teacher is out. It’s not worth many points, so I’ve given up getting DS to do it.

I much prefer his Science and History teacher - they list upcoming due dates and input results frequently. Just wish math would be better.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

JBaxter is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

DS4s teacher did that I actually pulled him out of her class the end of the first marking period. Luckily his new teacher is great about it as is most of DS3's 8th grade teachers sometimes its a few days but generally pretty good. I actually a test paper in to his teacher that SHE missed recording when I noticed it.
    Jeana, Momma to 4 fantastic sons

Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you're stupid and make bad decisions

bisous is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

This is absolutely a problem for us and for many of the families that I know. I just watched DS1 go from a solid A to a D in English because the teacher finally inputted the grades. It is apparently another one of the problems at the high school DS1 is slated to go to next year.

I'm sorry, I have to ask- the teachers don't correct the tests and hand them back to the students? I'm only asking because my kids' school doesn't do any kind of online gradebook and assignments aren't posted. Every student gets an agenda and they keep track of assignments and test dates there.

Default Teachers not using online system or grading kate

Math teacher doesn’t send home some tests, others she does but for us to sign and send back. I had to specifically ask for a test so I could see where DS had issues when he got a low grade. If DS was absent, I don’t know to remind him to see teacher to make up the quiz as there’s no notification, DS said they’re pop quizzes. When he goes back day after being absent, I tell him to check on what was missed. He says she tells him the work but not that they had a quiz. I have to think he is checking as he has information from other classes.

We’ve got 3 weeks left and we’re hoping for better teacher next year. If not, I’ll pull him and request another teacher. I won’t let it go so long.

Last edited by niccig; 05-15-2018 at 03:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JBaxter View Post
    DS4s teacher did that I actually pulled him out of her class the end of the first marking period. Luckily his new teacher is great about it as is most of DS3's 8th grade teachers sometimes its a few days but generally pretty good. I actually a test paper in to his teacher that SHE missed recording when I noticed it.
    I’ve had same issue with science- grade not recorded and I know DS handed it in. He said he checked with teacher, she said she would look for it. I let it go for a few days then I emailed. It was found.

His math quiz from last week has no score. Teacher said it was all inputted, I’m waiting to hear if find it as he was at school that day.

I do think DS is checking with teacher, but seems like parent email gets more response

LBW is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

At our HS teachers regularly post a bunch of grades in the day or two before the close of the marking period. So my oldest sees dramatic shifts in his grades when it's too late to do anything about it. It's infuriating, and IMO, defeats the purpose of these online reporting systems.
    Tara
    living a crazy life with 3 boys

I am thinking now
    of grief, and of getting past it;
    I feel my boots
    trying to leave the ground,
    I feel my heart
    pumping hard. I want
    to think again of dangerous and noble things.
    I want to be light and frolicsome.
    I want to be improbable beautiful and afraid of nothing,
    as though I had wings.

~Mary Oliver

o_mom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by LBW View Post
    At our HS teachers regularly post a bunch of grades in the day or two before the close of the marking period. So my oldest sees dramatic shifts in his grades when it's too late to do anything about it. It's infuriating, and IMO, defeats the purpose of these online reporting systems.
    Ours do this too...post a bunch right at the end, or even better, between the end of the period and when report cards come out, so you can't even see the grade to tell if it was put in correctly.

It is so frustrating.
    Mama to three boys ('03, '05, '07)