TwoBees is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default If you dye your own hair

How do you wash out the dye without making a mess?

Previously I have used a handheld shower head, sat on my knees, and tilted my head back. I did splash dye on the walls but being on my knees it mostly stayed on the lower part of the walls so it was easy to rinse off (with the handheld shower head). However, our shower no longer has a handheld head, so I am not sure how to wash out the dye without making a mess. I could use DDs' shower which has a handheld head, but that shower also has a curtain and I don't want to stain it.
    Mom to a spirited, red-headed, former 28-weeker 10/2009 and a more mellow monkey 12/2013.

dhano923 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I don’t dye mine at home anymore, but when I used to, i would just take a shower like normal and wash the dye out like I was washing my hair. I never had issues with the dye going everywhere. Any diluted dye that splashed on the shower walls was easily rinsed off with a flick of water from my hand.
    Mom to:
    DS 10/03
    DD 11/05

There was a period of time that I washed it on the kitchen sink because it was stainless. It’s really uncomfortable so I went back to washing it in the shower and staining the porcelain. It’s terrible! I hope someone else has a solution!

JustMe is online now Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Hmmn, I just wash it out in the shower as if I am washing my hair regularly. I look at the tub as I get out and then squirt down any dye I see and it usually does right down since it has been wet the whole time.
    lucky single mom to 20 yr old dd and 17 yr old ds through 2 very different adoption routes

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Just in the normal shower like washing my hair.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk