Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    TwoBees is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Fitbit Versa check in

A few weeks ago I posted asking about the Fitbit Versa. I ended up getting one and I love it. A few other BBBers replied and said they might get one too. Check in time: are you loving it, hating it, or somewhere in the middle?
    Mom to a spirited, red-headed, former 28-weeker 10/2009 and a more mellow monkey 12/2013.

Philly Mom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I am so curious because a big part of me wants an apple watch but I don't want the price tag. I had an old fitbit that broke and I really want a new something where I can read texts (wish I could respond too) and feel phone calls coming in.

NCGrandma is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I’ve had mine for about 10 days (ordered from Macy's of all places, thanks to the SD tip about signing up for emails and saving 25% — not sure that’s still on).

I previously had a Blaze, which I liked OK but after a firmware update it counted dramatically fewer steps for the same distances, and it was clear that Fitbit wasn’t going to fix that.

For me, the Versa is a dramatic improvement! Nicer design, definitely more comfortable and less clunky. So far, I’m struck by lots of minor changes that add up to a much better product. E.g., the battery life is better AND the battery indicator shows % remaining, unlike the fairly meaningless battery icon. I’ve found a watch face that I really like, simple design that shows day/date/time plus the basic stats.

So far, the step counts and HR data seem to be much closer to what I expected. Unlike many of you, I basically just focus on walking, so I have no idea how well the many other exercise-tracking features work. But even for walking, there are some nice reminders, e.g. a buzz to encourage you to walk at least 250 steps/hour, and avoid long periods of inactivity. In fact, this has been so encouraging to me that I had to give my knees a rest yesterday after doing too much walking every day! I have also used the 2-min Relax app often.

Since I don’t have a smartphone, I can’t try out the various message notifications etc, although I keep meaning to try to figure out whether i can set up a link to the calendar on my iPad. Also, no experience with downloading music etc.

So, on balance, I’ve been pleased, and would especially recommend the Versa to people who are trying to decide whether to replace an older clunkier Fitbit watch.

Sent from my iPad using Baby Bargains

Kindra178 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Any update on this? Considering pulling the trigger!

Quote Originally Posted by Kindra178 View Post
    Any update on this? Considering pulling the trigger!
    I still love mine!
    Mom to a spirited, red-headed, former 28-weeker 10/2009 and a more mellow monkey 12/2013.

icunurse is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I have had mine for about a week. My old Fitbit broke a while ago and I needed to start motivating myself again. I looked into an Apple Watch, but since I don't have an iPhone, I really couldn't justify the extra price. So I bough the versa and, so far, I'm happy with it. It's very comfortable and light. I find the measurements to be accurate (though it only counts steps when you go higher than 10, so my flight doesn't cut it). I have an android phone and you can send back designated responses to texts (yes, no, sounds good, can't reply now will get back to you later; you can also customize your responses). You can link Pandora to it, but you need to have a Plus or premium account. I'm hoping to get some Bluetooth earbuds on prime day so that I can use pandora for working out and when doing yard work. I also bought a screen protector to prevent scratches. Overall, I like it and it does what I need.

Kindra178 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by TwoBees View Post
    I still love mine!
    My Fitbit sometimes tracks steps while driving. Does the versa do this?

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

Quote Originally Posted by Kindra178 View Post
    My Fitbit sometimes tracks steps while driving. Does the versa do this?

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains
    Yes, mine does, and I have a long commute. My Alta did too. I've just gotten used it to. My total number of steps relative to the day(s) before is what is important to me (rather than the exact number of steps), so the added steps while driving doesn't bother me that much.

NCGrandma is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

After 2 months, I’m still quite pleased with mine. A big improvement over my previous Blaze. As I mentioned above, the prompts to move at least 250 steps/hour have made a big difference to my knees! The heart rate tracking is OK, but every so often, it will spike briefly for no apparent reason — this is a known software bug that they’ve been "working on" for months. In the meantime, I just reset it and don’t worry.

The Versa relies in part on arm movements to count "steps" which explains why driving may add steps, but even a long trip around the grocery store won’t add many if your hand is on the cart. (I have been known to swing my Versa hand while pushing my cart with the other hand — this counts steps and attracts strange looks!!)

On balance, it’s been a good purchase.

Sent from my iPad using Baby Bargains

LD92599 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I still love mine. I'm sure I don't use it for all it's worth but I tried Apple Watch for a few weeks and hated it only because I LOVE my Fitbit, the challenges etc. As soon as Apple and Fitbit merge (hypothetically speaking - I'd love for there to be a Fitbit app for Apple Watch), I want Apple Watch again!

the charge seems to last much longer than my Charge HR did.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast