Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    elbenn is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by TwinFoxes View Post
    It's not always a matter of time. With the IP, I can put stuff in, push a button, and go do something else. I don't have to stay at a stove. Regardless, I don't think it takes longer to cook pasta in the IP. Cooking is definitely less time (it's 1/2 the time listed on the pasta box), but maybe coming to pressure takes slightly longer than bringing water to boil.
    How do you guys cook pasta in recipes with sauces? Do you cook it all at once or add the pasta later to the sauce? Or do you cook the pasta separately (in which case you'd have to wash the pot)?

Indian butter chicken. This is so good that I bought her cookbook. https://twosleevers.com/instant-pot-butter-chicken/

WatchingThemGrow is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by elbenn View Post
    How do you guys cook pasta in recipes with sauces? Do you cook it all at once or add the pasta later to the sauce? Or do you cook the pasta separately (in which case you'd have to wash the pot)?
    2 nights ago I used already browned, frozen sausage and ground beef, elbow macaroni, a big jar of spaghetti sauce, and 2 cups of water. It cooked for 6 min, got topped with cheese, and my family gobbled it and headed out to swim practice. To make it faster, I could have pushed Sauté to heat up the pot and used instant hot or the electric kettle to make the 2 c of water already hot. Prob because of the sausage it didn’t stick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aishe is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by JdrKuhnert View Post
    Indian butter chicken. This is so good that I bought her cookbook. https://twosleevers.com/instant-pot-butter-chicken/
    This recipe is the bomb. Have you made anything else from the cookbook? I haven’t yet, but my brother made a couple of the dal recipes and found the cooking times to be way off. I’m just wondering if anyone else has had that problem.

ang79 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    My instant pot directions say no pasta in it. I was all set to make a mac and cheese recommended here until I read that. Thoughts?
    I've made mac and cheese several times in it, using two different recipes I've found online.

Quote Originally Posted by elbenn View Post
    Sorry, just seeing this. I cook pasta and meatballs all the time together in the IP. I put 1/2 bag of TJs frozen "party" meatballs on the bottom of the pot with about 3oz of water. Dump in farfalle or penne (spaghetti and linguini don't work well unless you break them up first.) I then dump in a jar of sauce (you fancy people can add homemade ) I add extra spices to the sauce at this point...red pepper flakes, salt, garlic, Italian herbs, whatever you like. Then, pour 2/3 a jar of water over it all. DO NOT STIR. Close it up, and cook it for 1/2 the cooking time listed on the pasta box + 1 minute. When it's done, quick release. I usually stir in some parmesan or asiago cheese. Easy and yummy. Usually 3 out of 4 of us will eat it. I rarely get 4 out of 4, so that's a win!

Quote Originally Posted by ang79 View Post
    I've made mac and cheese several times in it, using two different recipes I've found online.
    I think IP Mac and cheese is the easiest and most delicious I've ever made. But, maybe it seems more delicious because it's so easy!
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

ArizonaGirl is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I think IP Mac and cheese is the easiest and most delicious I've ever made. But, maybe it seems more delicious because it's so easy!
    Recipe pls!
    Lindsey

Married to DH June 2005 gave birth to Shawn December 2008 and Lilian August 2012

Quote Originally Posted by ArizonaGirl View Post
    Recipe pls!
    1 box elbow macaroni
    1 cup heavy cream (I've used milk and it's fine, you can probably just use what you have on hand it will just be less rich)
    3 Tbsp. butter
    2 tsp salt
    3 cups sharp cheddar cheese (we like it cheesy!)
    2 tsp dried mustard
    white pepper to taste (I use maybe 1/4-1/2 tsp)
    ETA: 4 cups water
    Put macaroni, water, butter, salt, pepper, and mustard into the instant pot. Cook on high for 4 minutes, quick release. Set to salute and stir in cream, then stir in cheese until it melts (this step takes very little time). Turn off IP and serve!

This is an easily tweak-able recipe. Add ingredients you and your family like, use different cheeses etc. Enjoy!
    Last edited by TwinFoxes; 06-29-2018 at 04:50 PM. Reason: Duh
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

essnce629 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

1 box elbow macaroni
    1 cup heavy cream (I've used milk and it's fine, you can probably just use what you have on hand it will just be less rich)
    3 Tbsp. butter
    2 tsp salt
    3 cups sharp cheddar cheese (we like it cheesy!)
    2 tsp dried mustard
    white pepper to taste (I use maybe 1/4-1/2 tsp)

Put macaroni, water, salt, pepper, and mustard into the instant pot. Cook on high for 4 minutes, quick release. Set to salute and stir in cream, then stir in cheese until it melts (this step takes very little time). Turn off IP and serve!

This is an easily tweak-able recipe. Add ingredients you and your family like, use different cheeses etc. Enjoy!
    You didn't say how much water.

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast