Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    WitMom is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default Help! What to wear under skirts for coverage.

I have beefy thighs. Shorts never work very well for me because the leg openings are always too tight for my beef lol. I'm going to try to get some knee length skirts this summer instead. My question- what do i wear underneath so I don't have to worry about wind blow-ups or flashing someone when i bend over?

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I honestly never worried about that. I used to wear skirts every day in the summer. Now I’m an Athleta skort devotee. I just like the look of them. Have you considered those?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mikala is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I wear Jockey slipshorts under skirts. I think I have the Target version. They're really stretchy and comfortable but keep me decent while rescuing a toddler from the top of playground equipment. I also have a few skorts but like the ability to wear regular skirts too.

I only buy skorts for daily wear.

niccig is online now Clean Sweep forum moderator

I have some nike compression shorts, like bike pants. I wear them under skirt/dress so no flashing or chaffing

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

WitMom is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I'm not opposed to skorts- I just can never find them. I just checked out Athleta, and most of the ones that i think would work (a-line or flared) for my body shape are sold out in my size. Ugh! Any other place I should look?

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

eBay. I can often find Athleta skirts there.
    Title Nine is good too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by mikala View Post
    I wear Jockey slipshorts under skirts. I think I have the Target version. They're really stretchy and comfortable but keep me decent while rescuing a toddler from the top of playground equipment. I also have a few skorts but like the ability to wear regular skirts too.
    This - the Jockey slipshorts will make any skirt a skort. I have beefy thighs as well, and cannot wear any of the Athleta or Title 9 skorts comfortably because the shorts are all too short for my <ample> thighs - they ride up uncomfortably, and I chafe. It's a shame because they are SO cute, but the Jockey slipshorts are definitely a game changer!

https://www.amazon.com/Jockey-Womens...ey+slip+shorts
    Green Tea, mom to three

Quote Originally Posted by Green_Tea View Post
    This - the Jockey slipshorts will make any skirt a skort. I have beefy thighs as well, and cannot wear any of the Athleta or Title 9 skorts comfortably because the shorts are all too short for my <ample> thighs - they ride up uncomfortably, and I chafe. It's a shame because they are SO cute, but the Jockey slipshorts are definitely a game changer!

https://www.amazon.com/Jockey-Womens...ey+slip+shorts
    This 100%!! I also like the jockey shorts because they aren’t too hot. I’ve had “slimming” compression like shorts in the past and I find they get way too hot. OP I would advise going somewhere to try them on. I’ve seen a few different versions of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

I have tried Nike shorts and Lands End shorts and Jockey boy shorts. Then I tried the Armachillo instaskort undershorts from Duluth Trading Company. so niiiicccee... They don't roll up like the other ones do, they breathe really well, are really light. I even wear them under dress pants. I can't stand underwear--it always rides up or gives panty lines and there is no way in anything that I am wearing a thong. These undershorts are so awesome. I wear knee length or shorter skirts and dresses a lot in the summer. I love these things!!
    Mom to:
    DS '02
    DS '05
    Percy--the wild furry child!!! 2022----
    Simon--the first King Charles cutie 2009-2022
    RIP Andy, the furry first child, 1996-2012

"The task of any religion is not to tell us who we are entitled to hate but to teach us who we are required to love."

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast