Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by HannaAddict View Post
    I wear underwear and have yet to worry about wind up my skirt or flashing anyone and I wear skirts above the knee. Can’t imagine shorts as an adult under a skirt for regular wear. I travel with skirts and dresses and walk for miles with no issues. I don’t know anyone IRL who has ever mentioned or noticed earring shorts and we are active. Is this a real problem or more a theoretical concern? Honestly, I’m surprised so many people wear shorts style under skirts!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Clearly
    a) you don't have little kids
    b) you don't have experience with "chub rub"
    c) you live in a different world than the rest of us

legaleagle is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Once I had kids I started wearing skorts all the time and now it feels weird not to wear shorts (or tights, if it's winter) underneath.

OP - I bought these cotton ones https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0182NVERE/ a few years ago and they're comfy. I've lost weight so they aren't quite as fitted so now I mostly wear them as pjs.

I wear underwear and have yet to worry about wind up my skirt or flashing anyone and I wear skirts above the knee. Can’t imagine shorts as an adult under a skirt for regular wear. I travel with skirts and dresses and walk for miles with no issues. I don’t know anyone IRL who has ever mentioned or noticed earring shorts and we are active. Is this a real problem or more a theoretical concern? Honestly, I’m surprised so many people wear shorts style under skirts!

If you look at Athleta, Title 9, etc skorts are all the rage. They are great when you are active, running errands etc because you don't have to worry about flashing people. Women here bike commute in dresses, run around playgrounds with kids, etc. I have always worn shorts under skirts since having kids. So much more comfortable than underwear and I can sit criss cross apple sauce in the park!
    Mom to:
    DS '02
    DS '05
    Percy--the wild furry child!!! 2022----
    Simon--the first King Charles cutie 2009-2022
    RIP Andy, the furry first child, 1996-2012

"The task of any religion is not to tell us who we are entitled to hate but to teach us who we are required to love."

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by pastrygirl View Post
    ... BodyGlide doesn’t stop the chafing enough when I wear a skirt. ...
    Forget BodyGlide; use the Monistat Chafing Relief Powder-Gel.

I seriously cried when the tube I'd purchased in AZ ran out.
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Default Help! What to wear under skirts for coverage.

Quote Originally Posted by candaceb View Post
    Clearly
    OMG! This is so funny!

I don’t have little kids anymore, but still swear by shorts....I used to be addicted to slips and nylons until they became out of style.

I look so much slimmer when I wear slimmer style shorts underneath a dress; it just holds everything in and I love them. I end up regretting when I don’t wear them.

I love Colorado Clothing skorts.

I have been dealing with chub rub since I was 11 or 12.

I am not going to answer #3.

Thanks for the Monistat recommendation. I have never thought to use that.

Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

Quote Originally Posted by StantonHyde View Post
    If you look at Athleta, Title 9, etc skorts are all the rage. They are great when you are active, running errands etc because you don't have to worry about flashing people. Women here bike commute in dresses, run around playgrounds with kids, etc. I have always worn shorts under skirts since having kids. So much more comfortable than underwear and I can sit criss cross apple sauce in the park!
    People here wear Athleta or similar style for sports, casual tennis not at a club. They are not something moms wear to run errands, never see skorts on adult women. Plenty of leggings and yoga pants athleisure wear. Bikers are wearing something made for biking, pants, don’t see skirts.

Quote Originally Posted by candaceb View Post
    Clearly
    Mother of three, youngest is in second grade, and have spent plenty of time at the park or playground. I don’t have “chub rub,” and finally, from many posts on this board, I clearly live in a bubble, and not a suburban one. But shorts under skirts for regular wear seems so odd and not a part of our communities mom-wear.

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

People here wear Athleta or similar style for sports, casual tennis not at a club. They are not something moms wear to run errands, never see skorts on adult women. Plenty of leggings and yoga pants athleisure wear. Bikers are wearing something made for biking, pants, don’t see skirts.

Guess I’ll look like a tourist on my visit when I wear my Athleta skorts. No problem there. I doubt anyone will know they aren’t just skirts anyway. Ah, but I see, no skirts either?? eta- highly doubt that anyone would ID this as a skort (currently one of my faves) https://athleta.gap.com/browse/produ...&pid=211382032

Last edited by SnuggleBuggles; 06-08-2018 at 11:12 AM.

ged is offline Gold level (500+ posts)

well, add me to the small group that wasn't aware of this. But I can definitely see how it would be more slimming to wear "shorts" under a skirt. So to clarify, you all mean something like a Spanx type thing? And then do you wear underwear as well? It just seems so hot!

essnce629 is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Add me to the club that has never heard of women wearing shorts under skirts on a regular basis! I could see Spanx for a special occasion, but would never think to wear something similar for casual wear. But then again, I live in jeans and shorts when it's hot. I own one skirt that I've worn once in Mexico! Maybe I need a skort! SnuggleBuggles I like the one you posted!

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast