Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Columbia Anytime Full Leg Columbia Women's Plus Sizeanytime Outdoor Full Leg Pant Size Anytime, Black, 16WxR https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01NAQ38KF/

Not cargo, but they’re great for sweaty situations. Might consider Monistat anti chafing cream where things rub too.

Quote Originally Posted by niccig View Post
    I have some shorts from REI - maybe try on a few. I like the men’s shorts suggestions. I wear men’s ski pants as the ladies are cut too narrow and low rise and I don’t need snow down my pants.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains
    My issue was trying to find looser fitting pants with POCKETS. I don't care what my a$$ looks like hauling a 30 pound pack up a trail. I just need to be comfortable!! I also wear mens Ex Officio wicking/mesh loose fitting boxers under my hiking pants/shorts. never ride up, and dry in a minute.
    Mom to:
    DS '02
    DS '05
    Percy--the wild furry child!!! 2022----
    Simon--the first King Charles cutie 2009-2022
    RIP Andy, the furry first child, 1996-2012

"The task of any religion is not to tell us who we are entitled to hate but to teach us who we are required to love."

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by BunnyBee View Post
    ...Might consider Monistat anti chafing cream where things rub too.
    I have used that stuff in the past, but it wasn't a chafing situation while camping - it was a "OMG, I totally wore the wrong fabric and I feel like I peed myself" situation.

The length of my shorts is kind of perfect, but the heavy cotton twill is not.
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

Quote Originally Posted by StantonHyde View Post
    REI has plus sizes—try their Sahara pant. I often buy men’s sizes and just wear a belt
    Do they sell plus in-store?

I have worn men's pants in the past. It was easier then, as I was probably wearing a misses' size 10 at the time, but at least I always got the inseam I wanted.

Currently, I wear about a 14W to 16W, depending on brand.

The last non-suit pants I bought were from Old Navy and they suck because what they called "bootcut" was very fitted in the thigh and looser from the knee down. (And don't get me started about the rise!)

Quote Originally Posted by niccig View Post
    I have some shorts from REI - maybe try on a few. I like the men’s shorts suggestions. I wear men’s ski pants as the ladies are cut too narrow and low rise and I don’t need snow down my pants.
    I'll give them a shot, but I'm not optimistic.

I'm actually looking for lightweight (and light-colored, as much as I hate light colors on my lower half) pants, though, due to the risk of ticks.
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

Percycat is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I went on a boundary water trip with girl scouts last summer. I ordered several convertible outdoor quick dry pants from Amazon Prime with free returns. I wasn't looking for cargo, but there are lot of affordable cargo pant options. It was a lot easier to have pants sent to me then for me to run around to different outdoor stores hoping I would find pants that I liked and fit. I don't think there are many women cargo pant options with meaningful pockets --- the ones I usually see have pockets that are barely large enough for a cell phone, if that. I suggest you look at men's pants and try several brands until you find one that you like.

Maybe this will work:
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07BKRLV32...MLI&th=1&psc=1

If you are concerned about ticks, treat your clothes with permethrin. Spray your clothes a couple days before your outing and let dry completely (keep animals away while wet). The treatment is good for a couple weeks (even with washing).
    http://www.tickencounter.org/prevention/permethrin

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Sawyer-Pr...-Gear/19887389

Quote Originally Posted by Percycat View Post
    I went on a boundary water trip with girl scouts last summer. I ordered several convertible outdoor quick dry pants from Amazon Prime with free returns. I wasn't looking for cargo, but there are lot of affordable cargo pant options. It was a lot easier to have pants sent to me then for me to run around to different outdoor stores hoping I would find pants that I liked and fit. I don't think there are many women cargo pant options with meaningful pockets --- the ones I usually see have pockets that are barely large enough for a cell phone, if that. I suggest you look at men's pants and try several brands until you find one that you like.

Maybe this will work:
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07BKRLV32...MLI&th=1&psc=1
    I kind of want to get a sense of sizing before I get annoyed. (Plus, it'll give me an excuse to hit up REI with DD to look at tents & girls' duds. We won't need tents this trip, but we've been talking about a backyard campout as a possible end-of-year thing to do next year.)

If you are concerned about ticks, treat your clothes with permethrin. Spray your clothes a couple days before your outing and let dry completely (keep animals away while wet). The treatment is good for a couple weeks (even with washing).
    http://www.tickencounter.org/prevention/permethrin

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Sawyer-Pr...-Gear/19887389
    Thanks; I was already leaning towards treating DD's clothing with permethrin because Lyme can cause cardiac problems and I take NO risks with her heart. (BTW, animals = squirrels and stuff or pets? We haven't got any pets.)

Regardless of what I end up wearing, I plan to treat my clothing with it, too.
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

Our REI store had plus sizes in stock when I was there last Monday.
    Mom to:
    DS '02
    DS '05
    Percy--the wild furry child!!! 2022----
    Simon--the first King Charles cutie 2009-2022
    RIP Andy, the furry first child, 1996-2012

"The task of any religion is not to tell us who we are entitled to hate but to teach us who we are required to love."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2