Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    bisous is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default Well, that's kind of a bummer...

DS1 has been at this school for 6 years. He's been SO happy. So happy. At the beginning of this school year his prayer was , "Dear Heavenly Father, please bless this day to be the best first day of school ever. And bless that we'll enjoy every single day of the rest of the year." With the idea that he just adored going to school and the whole scenario.

But this year things have started to fall apart. This small school (only 60ish kids per grade) have finally discovered the meanness and drama of middle school. It took them awhile, but they're normal kids and they've had a bit of a rough year with a few incidents and a lot of learning. I think this phase was inevitable. DS1 has been a little sad.

Today DS1 got his yearbook. I don't buy them every year (I'm on a budget!) but this is his LAST YEAR here! So it was highly anticipated.

Until he realized that somehow he got left out of the yearbook. He has a couple of candid shots but in his homeroom class where he ought to be he just got skipped. I have no idea how. I do plan on asking, mostly out of curiosity and partly to let them know maybe to be a little more careful?

I'm sad for him. He's kinda okay with it so he says and it is a fine lesson in character. I'm just a bit bummed for him though.

That is a complete bummer! I'm sorry.
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

Mommy_Mea is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Ugh, that is so hard, sorry
    DS1 June 2009
    DS2 June 2011

hbridge is online now Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Um... That is NOT okay!!!!! They essentially erased him from his class... NOPE, not okay! I am usually fine with mistakes happening, but that is unacceptable! They should have double/triple checked EVERY class list, nope not okay.... Definitely make some calls, if nothing else you should be reimbursed the cost of the yearbook!

Seriously? How does that happen? I’d be very angry too. That’s not okay to forget a kid in their class pictures. I can see if the kid added into the school late, but that’s not the case here.

We’ve had years where one of my kids isn’t in any candids (like this year with DS1, no candids, but DS2, who is only in preschool is in 4 candids...probably because he has curly hair.)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

Philly Mom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

That is really awful. So sad for your DS and yes, you should get your money back!!

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

Quote Originally Posted by hbridge View Post
    Um... That is NOT okay!!!!! They essentially erased him from his class... NOPE, not okay! I am usually fine with mistakes happening, but that is unacceptable! They should have double/triple checked EVERY class list, nope not okay.... Definitely make some calls, if nothing else you should be reimbursed the cost of the yearbook!

Mommy to 2 DS's (2003 and 2007)

Add me to chorus, not ok. Especially for small school/class size to begin with.

Make it a redo or refund your money for sure. So sorry that happened.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Mummy to DS1-6/11 and DS2-1/14

bisous is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Do you think there is anything they can do? DS actually mentioned he wouldn’t mind it so much if he got his money back BUT at the same time he probably still wants to keep the yearbook!

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

100% reasonable to request a refund and keep your book. They screwed up and owe that to you, at least.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast