Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    KrisM is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

That really is awful! I'm so sorry for him.

In elementary here, the teachers are responsible for double checking their class pages. DS2's draft came to his teacher with his photo and DS1's name!

I know the yearbook people get the files from the company that takes school photos and they are auto sorted into their classes. Some classes have kids join mid- year of course. Mostly that is fine. But, I guess one had someone join not to long before the yearbook was finalized and the yearbook mom inserted the photo, but neglected to double check that it didn't do anything weird to the page when all the photos shifted down one. So, the last person in the class ended up with paw prints across his photo! She noticed the day they passed out yearbooks. She apologized to the boy and then did a special run for 1 yearbook to replace his. The rest of the kids will always have the paw print version, but the kid has a good one. Now forgetting your DS is bigger than this, but they should at least give him a corrected yearbook at their expense. It stinks big time though that the rest of the kids won't have them in theirs.
    Kris

MMMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

That's maddening, especially with the small grade sizes. No excuse for that kind of omission. At a minimum, you should get a refund. But your DS prob wants to keep it, I'm sure. I know nothing about the printing process, but can the company redo the one page and add DS's picture just for you? As an insert? Obviously they wouldn't redo the yearbooks got everyone, but maybe they can redo just the one page for you as an insert. I'm so sorry.

bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Yes, the teacher was supposed to proof read. Yes, this is the teacher that ironically would not admit DS1 into integrated math because "he's too flaky". I'm getting a little more upset right now but I'm trying to be cool with it. I"m bummed because remember the high school debacle? We were assured on the phone that he would get into the school he wanted if he was released from his current district. But now they are backtracking because he has a 504. I'm just having kind of a sucky day.

I'm going to talk to the school. If DS1 wants the money back, my guess is that's the cheapest fix for them (cheaper than printing another page) and it will make DS1 happy. I"ll go for that option and just keep my darkness inside today, lol.

They should give his money back plus print an extra page for him. It’s an egregious error.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

doberbrat is online now Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by georgiegirl View Post
    We’ve had years where one of my kids isn’t in any candids (like this year with DS1, no candids, but DS2, who is only in preschool is in 4 candids...probably because he has curly hair.)
    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I dont get how curly hair affects whether they're in pics or not???

OP I'd be beyond livid. It should have been double, triple and quad checked. I would not offer them any suggestions and see what they offer to do about it. $$ back is certainly an easy out for them. but then, demand to keep the book b/c I'm assuming its like in other schools where the kids run around getting signatures etc - its an event that he'll otherwise miss out on. Of course, then the question is where do kids sign????? UGH! SO Angry for you guys!!
    dd1 10/05
    dd2 11/09
    and ... a mini poodle!

This happened to my friend and her DS during his 8th grade (graduation) year. His was a class of 30 and he was still left out. The school recalled all the yearbooks from that class and did a second run with the correction.

KrisM is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

I agree with no offering a solution. See what is offered. At a minimum, I'd want a refund and to keep the book. But, I think they should redo at least his book and really his entire homeroom's class if that group is close. If it's a smaller school, maybe the whole grade. Yes he needs to be in his own, but he really should be in everyone else's too.

Have you told his teacher? What response?
    Kris

PZMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

That is crazy!!!

I’m assuming he was there on picture day?? I do the yearbook at my school. We get a disc a few months after picture day. The disc sorts kids by their class. I will say that every year the disc has at least several kids mislabeled or mis-sorted. I can not possibly know every student and what class they are in so I print out each page and then each teacher must check and sign off on their page. They must check for spelling of the name, correct name for the picture, etc. once they sign off I make any corrections that they marked and that is it. I think this error falls on the teacher or whoever proofs each class page. I will say if students are absent in picture day and picture make up day they most likely will not get a picture in the yearbook. For those kids I try to add a candid picture.

MMMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by doberbrat View Post
    I dont get how curly hair affects whether they're in pics or not?
    I was confused by the curly hair comment too! What does curly hair have to do with whether one has more or less candid pictures in the yearbook? Is there some editorial bias against the curly haired?
    Last edited by MMMommy; 06-12-2018 at 11:17 PM.

sdjeppa is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by PZMommy View Post
    That is crazy!!!

I’m assuming he was there on picture day?? I do the yearbook at my school. We get a disc a few months after picture day. The disc sorts kids by their class. I will say that every year the disc has at least several kids mislabeled or mis-sorted. I can not possibly know every student and what class they are in so I print out each page and then each teacher must check and sign off on their page. They must check for spelling of the name, correct name for the picture, etc. once they sign off I make any corrections that they marked and that is it. I think this error falls on the teacher or whoever proofs each class page. I will say if students are absent in picture day and picture make up day they most likely will not get a picture in the yearbook. For those kids I try to add a candid picture.
    Same here. If they weren’t at picture day (or makeup picture day) we add their name under “not pictured”. Teachers must proof and sign the page. I can’t be expected to know all 500 kids! I do cross check with a class list though.

As for candids- in our yearbook, I do my very best to get as many different people in the book as possible. However-I have to work with what I have. I take some of the pictures, but the rest I get from teachers and parents. Those that send me pictures are likely to get in simply because I have the pictures, especially for classes I don’t have many pictures for. I always feel bad when someone says they aren’t in pictures, but with 500 kids, I can’t guarantee anything.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast