Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Default Well, that's kind of a bummer...

Quote Originally Posted by MMMommy View Post
    I was confused by the curly hair comment too! What does curly hair have to do with whether one has more or less candid pictures in the yearbook? Is there some editorial bias against the curly haired?
    It probably doesn’t matter for older kids, but younger kids with curly hair get way more attention than those without curly hair. I get daily comments about Ds2’s curly hair. (My older two have straight hair and I’d get occasional comments on how cute they were. But with DS2, it’s daily. And he’s not friendly either, so it’s not his personality that is getting him the positive attention.) I was just saying that I’m sure his cute curls are what make him more photogenic and in more pics in the yearbook. He definitely had the most candids out of all the preschoolers. I know bisous’ youngest has curly hair.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by georgiegirl View Post
    It probably doesn’t matter for older kids, but younger kids with curly hair get way more attention than those without curly hair. I get daily comments about Ds2’s curly hair. (My older two have straight hair and I’d get occasional comments on how cute they were. But with DS2, it’s daily. And he’s not friendly either, so it’s not his personality that is getting him the positive attention.) I was just saying that I’m sure his cute curls are what make him more photogenic and in more pics in the yearbook. He definitely had the most candids out of all the preschoolers. I know bisous’ youngest has curly hair.

I immediately understood the curly hair comment. We can't go anywhere without getting unsolicited comments about DD's hair, lol. It is totally a thing.

He might very well have missed one of the picture days. Thing is, there are THREE though. I think it would be tough to miss all three. And we could have easily submitted a picture to go there in the event that they had nothing.

Yes, your process PZMommy is just like what I was told by the office staff this morning. So the teacher just missed that DS was not on his page. I guess I can see it almost being easier to miss someone than to misspell a name. As my mom pointed out though, that could have been avoided by simply COUNTING how many kids were on the page.

Oh well. I'm already less worked up about it and that's partly because your outrage has made me feel acknowledged and justified! Also, DS1 has had a great day today. Tomorrow he walks and he's really excited so I'm trying to just focus on that.

The office hasn't gotten back to me about a refund. I am trying to convince DH to go ask about it. He's more of a pushover than I am but they don't know that! Maybe they'll honor his serious request as they don't know him that well and well he's a tall GUY. Totally shouldn't matter but maybe it does and it will help? I might take it at this point, even if that isn't fair. If it doesn't happen, I'll just consider this a cautionary tale, and a bit of a lesson on character and things not quite working out the way we wanted.

Incidentally, DS2 had a recital last week at school and the teacher managed to skip over his solo entirely and dismiss all the rest of the audience to class. He was a little bummed, but honestly it was kind of GOOD for him. He was already kind of a star in the recital and it didn't negatively affect his confidence. We're already trying to make DS1 laugh about the error. He spent tonight hanging out with his BFF and all seems right in the world again.

MMMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Silly me, I misread! I didn't read carefully and thought the curly hair was biased against. But I see how it's the opposite! Curls are very cute!

ahisma is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

That is definitely not okay. They should, at minimum, reprint his.

I do our elementary school yearbook. The company that we work with is a disaster. The class pages are checked by 3 people - school secretary, classroom teacher, and room mom. Then it's checked again when the final proof arrives. That would NEVER fly here. In fact, we have the same process for candids. Every student has at least one candid. If we are missing one (really, we're often missing 50+), we go and take them. It's a crazy heavy lift, but every single kiddo is represented on both their classroom page and the grade level candids.

PZMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by ahisma View Post
    That is definitely not okay. They should, at minimum, reprint his.

I do our elementary school yearbook. The company that we work with is a disaster. The class pages are checked by 3 people - school secretary, classroom teacher, and room mom. Then it's checked again when the final proof arrives. That would NEVER fly here. In fact, we have the same process for candids. Every student has at least one candid. If we are missing one (really, we're often missing 50+), we go and take them. It's a crazy heavy lift, but every single kiddo is represented on both their classroom page and the grade level candids.
    Out of curiosity how many pages is your yearbook? We only have a few pages of candids, so no way that every one gets a candid. It is up to teachers to submit candid pictures. Some teachers submit them, and others don’t. They get reminded numerous times, and if they don’t give me any candids, then it is what it is.

bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Admin refused to refund the money without turning in the book and said that an apology was already issued. They're apparently "done". Umm thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by bisous View Post
    Admin refused to refund the money without turning in the book and said that an apology was already issued. They're apparently "done". Umm thanks.
    Totally unacceptable. I’m raging mad on your behalf.

DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Do you have other kids at the school? If so, I would really be tempted not to return.

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    Do you have other kids at the school? If so, I would really be tempted not to return.
    This, yes! I also would look into sharing your information with your local news. Newspapers, tv stations, and blast their reply to you on every FB page the school is related to. Totally unacceptable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Mummy to DS1-6/11 and DS2-1/14

KrisM is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

Quote Originally Posted by bisous View Post
    That's unacceptable! So they screw up and say "sorry" and that's good enough? If you turn in the book, will the run you a copy with his photo in it and have it in time to get signatures, etc? If not, why do they think you want to keep a book without him in it and pay for it?

I'd push it and publicize it as much as I could.
    Kris

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast