Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Best sites for learning how to do the Rubix Cube?

The Rubix Cube isn't really popular here anymore - apparently was very popular about two years ago.

But I am thinking of getting my kids interested and seeing if they can join a team if they like it. I thought we could go online and I could see if my kids are remotely excited by a youtube showing how to solve it.

My cousin's kid learned how to do it in sleep over camp and he has become practically worshipped over it in his elementary school, where it's the rage right now. Kids stop him in the hall to help them on their Rubix Cube. He has become so good that he and his friends have a special Rubix cube timer that they compete each other against and they also do more complicated rubix cubes (like 8 x 8 or something like that instead of 4 x 4). He joined a traveling Rubix Cube team and is going all over the state. He's actually not a particularly academic kid and does not love school, making it all the more endearing.

There are almost no girls on his team, which made me think of my daughter.

I asked my cousin's kid if he could teach me and he said that it was too hard to teach and that the Rubix Cube websites and youtubes showing how to solve it weren't very helpful... Is that really true? He is 11 so I am not necessarily relying on his judgement.

Have any of you learned how to solve the Rubix Cube by going online - Youtube or the Rubix Cube website? Is there one site that you think is particularly good?

Thanks.
    Last edited by magnoliaparadise; 06-13-2018 at 01:58 PM.