ray7694 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default Weight watchers?

Anyone doing current weight watchers. I exercise daily but since hitting 40 need to watch my food. I give up pretty quickly with diets.

arivecchi is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Not WW but Nutrisystem finally helped me lose my extra ponds. I’m over 40 as well and was having a really hard time dropping the extra pounds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

melrose7 is online now Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I’ve kind of been doing weight watchers since February. I found a website that I could enter food values and it could tell me how many points. And then a different website to tell me how many points I get each day. I am to cheap to join and pay a fee so I wanted to see if I could do it on my own. I needed a ball park figured and if it wasn’t going to work this way I would have joined.
    I lost over 20lbs- in a healthy range now but would ideally like to lose another 10lbs. It took me about 15 weeks to lose the 21 lbs and now I have been maintaining but haven’t been as strict as I was earlier and haven’t been able to work out daily now that the kids are out of school.
    I like the freestyle program as I feel like it is a lifestyle change. I’ve been happy with it so far.

WatchingThemGrow is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Does weighing in monthly (as a lifetime member) but not tracking anything right now count? I have jumped back up from the 10 lbs I lost in the winter.
    I need some encouragement to get back on it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't recommend "diets" just change your perspective on food? Whole foods, good fats/proteins, veggies/fruits - eat them! Processed, franken food, sugar laden crap - get it out.

I find I do better when I avoid breads/pastas so I make an effort to utilize different choices - cauli rice instead of rice, etc. Have a treat now and then just make it a better version.

To me the food is the easy part and getting out and moving is the more difficult motivation - especially in this heat!

DD1 MiniMoo 11/10
    DD2 MiniMoo2 9/13

“I have certain rules I live by. My first rule I don't believe anything the government tells me. and I don't take very seriously the media, or the press, in this country." - George Carlin

mom2binsd is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

OP, if you have a moment, check out Evolve gym in Bloomington, they do these Little Black Dress Challenges and another one is starting soon, they do a meal plan/recipe's, workouts (it's a 40 min High Intensisty Interval Training- HIIT) type workout that is not Cross Fit, but it's a super supportive environment, about 98% female, mostly women over 35 and tons of fun. They start with a weigh in/photo's/measurements and then you do 6 week challenge which includes workouts (you can go 7 days a week, choose from multiple times a day to go to class, can follow the meal plan as much as you can- it's a hybrid of paleo/and low carb-high protein) and they also have a lot of online support with the coaches and fellow members who share recipes, ideas on staying on track etc.- It's AMAZING!!!! You can trial 3 classes for free (I'm a member so PM if you want to try it out).

mom2binsd is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

OP, I do find that folks that do weight watchers don't seem to always make the changes in what type of food they chose as much as they should, as they just go off how many points.

For me, I can NOT eat carbs (bread/pasta etc) without feeling terrible. As well, I think that WW doesn't do as a good of a job as educating folks on things to avoid and providing ways to eat clean. A friend who is on WW isn't making the best food choices, still drinks diet soda (which is so bad for you), and doesn't work on eating fewer processed foods as you should. Until another friend met with a nutritionist to review her diet she had been doing WW but didn't really know that she was eating poorly, even though she kept within her points for the day.

For some, WW is great as it creates accountability, but I think there are other ways to change your lifestyle/eating habits that will last longer.

OP you are pretty fit if I remember, so possibly you just need to make a few adjustments to your diet and not necessarily be on a diet (which is not sustainable anyway).

trcy is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by marymoo86 View Post
    I don't recommend "diets" just change your perspective on food? Whole foods, good fats/proteins, veggies/fruits - eat them! Processed, franken food, sugar laden crap - get it out.

I find I do better when I avoid breads/pastas so I make an effort to utilize different choices - cauli rice instead of rice, etc. Have a treat now and then just make it a better version.

To me the food is the easy part and getting out and moving is the more difficult motivation - especially in this heat!
    I agree, anyone I've known that's done ww or any diet has gained the weight back.
    For me, the eating part is harder, I love my carbs. I could exercise everyday, no problem.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Baby Bargains mobile app
    DD 12/10
    DS 10/15