Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Default How much do you pay for after care?

We need a new option for DD2 who will be in public. If you pay for a nanny please state how much you pay and for how many hours.

Our YMCA is $395 a month and includes camp during all school breaks in the school year.

I used to pay $220 a month for both girls for school after care, which was just aftercare.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

Kindra178 is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

The after school care here is $25/day per kid. That includes bus pickup. Before care is $10/day per kid. There is nothing for 5th grade and up.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

PZMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

We pay $495/a month for each child for our YMCA aftercare. We’ve been very pleased with the care, but it is very pricey. The school has some free afterschool options that we have looked into, but we don’t think the kids are well supervised in those programs so we have stuck it out with the YMCA. I will say it is very nice to have the option to send them during breaks. Even though both DH and I are off during the breaks, it helps to have some place for them to go.

hillview is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

we have had quite a few babysitter/nanny folks after school. Range is 15-20 an hour. We have usually guaranteed a dollar amount per week (so this year it was $240 a week for 4 days a week 3-6 pm).
    Last edited by hillview; 06-14-2018 at 10:26 AM.
    DS #1 Summer 05
    DS #2 Summer 07

Our school after care is going up to $50 a week next year. We had been paying $46.

The Y ranges between $205 and $300, depending on if you are a member and what options you include (just days in school or add holidays/teacher workdays, etc.)

I feel they probably do a little more in the Y program, but DS, who is going into third grade, wanted to stick with the school after care.
    DS: Raising heck since 12/09

marinkitty is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I pay $20/hour with a minimum guarantee of 20 hours per week for the 3-8 range with flexibility to add hours or move the hours. For the flexibility I needed, i found I couldn't get anyone for less than the 20 hour commitment. I require a safe car of their own, cooking skills, house management skills (including errands) and childcare skills, though so I am paying for more than just a nanny in terms of the tasks - more of a household assistant, really.

boolady is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

$13 per hour, 2.5 hours per day minimum, so no less than $162 per week (I always give at least $165) for after-school nanny. Obviously, extra for extended hours on early dismissal days and when we need her to stay late. I also pay her for all school breaks and holidays, and give her a nice amount of extra pay when school lets out because we have do not use her in the summer, etc. We try really hard to keep her happy because she has been very good to us.
    Jen, mom to my silly monkey, 10/06

My friend pays for before and after care at a local center but we have 1/2 day kindergarten. So it's 9 am to 11:30 am, then 4 to 5:30 and she pays more than $600 per month.

ged is offline Gold level (500+ posts)

$320/month. After school until 6pm, and 7-8 am, as necessary. This is at our public school, through the school district.

PunkyBoo is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Public school on-site daycare- we pay $85/week for up to 15 hours of care, before or after school. We only use aftercare for about 1-3 hours a day each week so it's perfect for us.
    When we had a nanny, we paid $15-$20, (higher rate for using their car to transport our kids and for morning before school since that is more stressful). We paid our first nanny a set salary as long as it was under a certain number of hours per week (over that minimum we basically paid overtime). That worked out well so she could be more flexible with the changes in the kids schedules without being tempted by other job prospects if our hours were low for any reason.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Mama to DS1 Punkin (2/04) and DS2 Boo (1/09)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast