Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    niccig is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

Default Do you buy online then return?

I’m in between sizes and can be petite or regular size - all depends on cut. I bought 8 pants online through Old Navy (all on sale), and returned 5 - size wrong or didn’t like color. I got a bit of grief from employee when I returned them. She asked why, I said didn’t fit as in between sizes or needed to try petite. She told me to come in and try on then, I said I don’t have time plus don’t always have petite in stock. She kept going on about it’s so much money out there on credit. I ended up getting snappy and telling her it was fine and I can cover it.

I can not be only person that does this?

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains
    Last edited by niccig; 06-14-2018 at 06:09 PM.

KrisM is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

I do it all the time. I also shop for my kids in a store and buy 2 sizes if I'm not sure. It's just easier for me to shop during the school day and have them try on at home.

Strange for the employee to care about how much credit you have.
    Kris

I buy and return all the time. I do most of my shopping online cause I don’t have time to get to the store between kids and work. It’s impossible to know how things will fit and even the different pants in the same size from the same brand will fit differently. I have never had problems returning things. They usually ask why - I think because they need to know if it can go back on the floor or if it is damaged, but I have never had anyone hassle me the way they hassled you. That was wrong - sorry that happened.

I do return by mail frequently - especially from gap/BR/ON/Athleta since they have free shipping and returns. They make it super easy and then you don’t have to interact with anyone!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All.the.time.
    Mom to:
    DS '02
    DS '05
    Percy--the wild furry child!!! 2022----
    Simon--the first King Charles cutie 2009-2022
    RIP Andy, the furry first child, 1996-2012

"The task of any religion is not to tell us who we are entitled to hate but to teach us who we are required to love."

Quote Originally Posted by StantonHyde View Post
    All.the.time.

You kept 3 out of 8. That's more than my average.

ang79 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by specialp View Post

You kept 3 out of 8. That's more than my average.
    Ditto! I've had times that I've bought from Old Navy or Kohls and returned everything because it didn't fit right! Usually I end up keeping a few items. I tend to shop online because I can better deals (special online sales, stacking coupon codes, using ebates, etc.), and sometimes the stuff I want isn't carried in store (our Old Navy never has petites or short length in store). Very rude of the employee to comment like that.

Globetrotter is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Are You kidding? I do huge returns all the time because sizing is hard to gauge. The credit policy isn’t entirely fair, if the individual store get dinged for it, but that’s not your fault. You’re following the rules. You could complain to her manager because I think that’s inappropriate behavior.
    "Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another, "What? You, too? I thought I was the only one." C.S. Lewis

Yep, I do it a ton! Especially at ON & Loft (& Nordstrom and Amazon a bit). I usually buy two sizes of an item unless I know for sure which one will fit best. It's so hard because I need a petite in bottoms, usually, but not always, and sizing can be all over the place.
    Sorry they gave you grief! I've never experienced that, luckily, but that is really frustrating and too bad that you had that happen.

essnce629 is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

All.the.time.
    Yep, I just ordered 8 bras from Amazon last night because I'm an odd size (30D) and there's nothing in stores for me to even try on! Amazon Prime members now can use Amazon Wardrobe, where you can order up to 8 eligible items for free and have 7 days to decide what you want to keep. Amazon only charges you for what you keep. 6 of the 8 bras I ordered were eligible. Eligible items include clothing, shoes, and handbags I think.

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

Twin Mom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

All.the.time.
    I'm actually tired of returning stuff so I think I am going to try to cut back on my online shopping habit. Part of the reason is because I read quite a few fashion blogs which definitely encourage you to buy! I usually don't keep the majority of what I buy online (or in stores for that matter) so I'm wondering if it's worth the trouble anymore. It's a pain to keep track of each stores return policy and make sure I return things in the right time period. I usually return to the store and don't return things via mail because then I would have to pay attention to what I sent back and make sure I get the credit!
    Mom to b/g twins (g in college, b working)

People show themselves not by what they say but by what they do

Our happiness or our unhappiness depends far more on the way we meet the events of life than on the nature of those events themselves. -- Wilhelm von Humboldt

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast