Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    niccig is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

Default Do you buy online then return?

I’m in between sizes and can be petite or regular size - all depends on cut. I bought 8 pants online through Old Navy (all on sale), and returned 5 - size wrong or didn’t like color. I got a bit of grief from employee when I returned them. She asked why, I said didn’t fit as in between sizes or needed to try petite. She told me to come in and try on then, I said I don’t have time plus don’t always have petite in stock. She kept going on about it’s so much money out there on credit. I ended up getting snappy and telling her it was fine and I can cover it.

I can not be only person that does this?

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains
    Last edited by niccig; 06-14-2018 at 06:09 PM.

KrisM is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

I do it all the time. I also shop for my kids in a store and buy 2 sizes if I'm not sure. It's just easier for me to shop during the school day and have them try on at home.

Strange for the employee to care about how much credit you have.
    Kris

I buy and return all the time. I do most of my shopping online cause I don’t have time to get to the store between kids and work. It’s impossible to know how things will fit and even the different pants in the same size from the same brand will fit differently. I have never had problems returning things. They usually ask why - I think because they need to know if it can go back on the floor or if it is damaged, but I have never had anyone hassle me the way they hassled you. That was wrong - sorry that happened.

I do return by mail frequently - especially from gap/BR/ON/Athleta since they have free shipping and returns. They make it super easy and then you don’t have to interact with anyone!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All.the.time.
    Mom to:
    DS '02
    DS '05
    Percy--the wild furry child!!! 2022----
    Simon--the first King Charles cutie 2009-2022
    RIP Andy, the furry first child, 1996-2012

"The task of any religion is not to tell us who we are entitled to hate but to teach us who we are required to love."

niccig is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

I’ll use the mail next time. I probably got the opinionated employee

All the time. I hate shopping even in the best circumstances, i only go in to try on when i has significant body change.

Online it is. For myself, the kids and DH.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Mummy to DS1-6/11 and DS2-1/14

jgenie is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I do it all the time. I had a snippy salesclerk when I recently did a return to Talbots. She was so rude I don’t know that I’ll be shopping there again in the future.

I do the vast majority of my shopping online, and, especially for the kids, I often order every item in two sizes just to see how big a size I can order without the clothes really not fitting. I know I’m going to return half the order, if not more. I’ve placed orders for me where I sent almost everything back. Don’t feel at all bad. The company expects that people will shop that way sometimes. The salesperson should know better than to make comments.

hillview is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

I do it too and the issue is the stores are often considered separate business and so they have the negative on their credit. It is what it is.
    DS #1 Summer 05
    DS #2 Summer 07

I do it all the time. If the returns are free, then I return by mail. If not, I go into the store. I have a bunch of Old Navy stuff I need to return. No one has ever hassled me about it. As with other returns, they usually ask why, but I assumed that’s to filter out the items that are defective versus just not fitting well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast