Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    niccig is online now Clean Sweep forum moderator

Default Grr neighbor vent but need advice

Quote Originally Posted by magnoliaparadise View Post
    That man would drive me crazy. I'm so sorry you have to deal with this.

Wait - he doesn't even live next to you? What a nosy critter. I would just do as California says and politely evade. Getting angry at him will only give him fire to be more nosy and possibly contact the city (have no idea if it goes against local ordinance).

Wondering if you could post on your local FB under an anonymous (trustworthy) administrator to get responses? Or even consult a real estate lawyer (could maybe call and ask the question to see if they will answer it for free - might be a very basic question/answer that they don't care to charge you for).
    He lives 3 doors up the road. He reported us to the city when we did our remodel - we had permits. We didn’t have a permit for the storage pod in the driveway, but that’s because when I went to get one, I was told I didn’t need one. The city employee who’s responsible for our area for city regulations was very understanding (the old neighbor keeps him busy) and gave us 3 weeks to move it as we were 2 weeks from being finished. If he complains about fence, I can see city doing the same, giving us a few weeks to fix it.

DS does his trash cans for him, he pays DS $0.50 a week to do it. So the old guy knows us., but didn’t talk to me about the storage pod. What he doesn’t know is that DS used to do the elderly neighbors trash cans for free. He’d be mad he’s paying!

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains
    Last edited by niccig; 06-15-2018 at 12:31 PM.