ahisma is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default London with tweens (April)

I just jumped on an airfare deal to London over next spring break. It will be our family's first overseas trip, although the kids are experienced travelers domestically (we take month long road trips every summer). They'll be 10 and 12 years old.

Harry Potter and Shakespeare are high on the list (DH teaches Brit Lit). We also need to do a day trip to Oxford.

We have some time to plan, but I do want to get my bearings and sort out the general framework. We'll be there 9 full days. I don't think we'd want to stay in London the whole time. I've read that it can be nice to start with a few days in Bath - does that make sense? I don't want to spend the whole trip traveling, but I would like to visit areas outside of London as well.

Philly Mom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I love Bath. We go every summer. There is a train from paddington station so easy to get to from Heathrow. If you have specific questions about that area of England (Somerset/Wiltshire) I can answer them. Also, if you PM your dates, I can tell you whether Bath Rugby has a home match. One of the most magnificent places to watch sport in the world.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

I just PMd you my trip report from our London trip last summer. It was awesome!!! We had a week in London and a week in Dublin. We did do day trips from London.
    Mom to:
    DS '02
    DS '05
    Percy--the wild furry child!!! 2022----
    Simon--the first King Charles cutie 2009-2022
    RIP Andy, the furry first child, 1996-2012

"The task of any religion is not to tell us who we are entitled to hate but to teach us who we are required to love."

nfceagles is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

We are going for 18 days with my 10 and 13 year old in August. We went last summer for a long weekend and had such a good time we chose to return for our summer vacation.

You don’t need Harry Potter studio tour tickets yet, but you will definitely want to do this and you will want to get tickets a few months in advance as they do sell out.

Tower of London was our favorite attraction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Corie is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by StantonHyde View Post
    I just PMd you my trip report from our London trip last summer. It was awesome!!! We had a week in London and a week in Dublin. We did do day trips from London.

I would also love to see your trip report for your London trip!! Will you PM me too?

Thank you!!
    Corie

"A smile is a curve that can set a lot of things straight."
    -fortune cookie

Corie--I sent it to you.
    Mom to:
    DS '02
    DS '05
    Percy--the wild furry child!!! 2022----
    Simon--the first King Charles cutie 2009-2022
    RIP Andy, the furry first child, 1996-2012

"The task of any religion is not to tell us who we are entitled to hate but to teach us who we are required to love."

Corie is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by StantonHyde View Post
    Corie--I sent it to you.

Thank you!!!
    Corie

"A smile is a curve that can set a lot of things straight."
    -fortune cookie