Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default Um, that’s not what I thought it would be!

So if you love LEGO and love the Bible, what could be better than the Brick Bible series, right? DS3 found those at the library yesterday and I thought we’d finally found something that will pique his interest (he’s a reluctant reader). But, these aren’t terribly CHILD friendly. Lots of use of red bricks to depict blood, decapitations depicted, circumcisions depicted, etc. Nevermind that the book was created by a professed atheistic who takes the most obscure parts of the Bible to depict and makes God look angry and vengeful. That’s not my favorite for sure but that could be simply another viewpoint. I’m truly more upset that this very violent book is in the children’s section and that I felt like it looked like an appropriate read for my 6yo is actually disturbing to ME.

Right now only DS3 is awake. We’re looking at it together. I’m going to distract him and we’ll be returning this book to the library today!

I absolutely oppose censorship of any kind but maybe this book should not in the children’s section!!

PZMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Yikes!!! My boys love everything Lego but this sounds very disturbing!!

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Evidently there is one for kids. The other one says online that it’s not for kids. I’d show that to the librarians and ask them to move it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

petesgirl is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Ha! I've had my own experiences with these books! I actually bought a set of 5 books at Sam's Club a few months ago thinking the same as you-they looked fun for kids. The books in my set aren't disturbing, they do have a few scenes with chopped off heads, like David and Goliath but it isn't gory. I googled the author though and was quite surprised at his views on God, the Bible, and some of the images on his website. Apparently some of his stuff is pretty sexual too, which is just disturbing because--come on, these are LEGOs!!
    I agree about showing the Librarian.
    Mama to :
    DS1 (July 2011)
    DD (Feb 2014-June 2015)
    DS2 (Apr 2017)

"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view...Until you climb inside his skin and walk around in it."
    --Atticus Finch (To Kill A Mockingbird)

Quote Originally Posted by petesgirl View Post
    Ha! I've had my own experiences with these books! I actually bought a set of 5 books at Sam's Club a few months ago thinking the same as you-they looked fun for kids. The books in my set aren't disturbing, they do have a few scenes with chopped off heads, like David and Goliath but it isn't gory. I googled the author though and was quite surprised at his views on God, the Bible, and some of the images on his website. Apparently some of his stuff is pretty sexual too, which is just disturbing because--come on, these are LEGOs!!
    I agree about showing the Librarian.
    I just looked it up on Amazon. I think you’re right snugglebuggles that we got the mature edition. Petesgirl you must have the kids version which I’m guessing is much tamer! This one shows a guy making himself into a eunuch, not lying. DS3s eyes were as big as saucers!
    Last edited by bisous; 06-19-2018 at 08:58 PM.

uhhhhh--back to the library STAT!!!! I don't censor books but that is not ok--that is not what you would expect from a Legos book in the kids section. No,no,no.
    Mom to:
    DS '02
    DS '05
    Percy--the wild furry child!!! 2022----
    Simon--the first King Charles cutie 2009-2022
    RIP Andy, the furry first child, 1996-2012

"The task of any religion is not to tell us who we are entitled to hate but to teach us who we are required to love."

State of relief now that we will have sanity in the White House again

Quote Originally Posted by bisous View Post
    I just looked it up on Amazon. I think you’re right snugglebuggles that we got the mature edition. Petesgirl you must have the kids version which I’m guessing is much tamer! This one shows a guy making himself into a eunuch, not lying. DS3s eyes were as big as saucers!

I’m sorry, I’m cracking up at the idea of a little LEGO guy making himself into a eunuch. I seriously need a screenshot. But, obviously, this shouldn’t be in the children’s section. I’m sure the librarians were unaware.
    ds 2004
    ds 2006
    ds 2008
    ds 2010

Quote Originally Posted by *myfoursons View Post
    I’m sorry, I’m cracking up at the idea of a little LEGO guy making himself into a eunuch. I seriously need a screenshot. But, obviously, this shouldn’t be in the children’s section. I’m sure the librarians were unaware.
    I agree a screen shot is needed. It seems like someone went rogue and is doing weird things with legos.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

Oh I returned it two days ago. I totally should have taken photos! I’ll see what google images finds!

mikala is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by bisous View Post
    Oh I returned it two days ago. I totally should have taken photos! I’ll see what google images finds!
    Somehow I'm guessing you're going to find, um, colorful content with these search terms.....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast