Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    mommy111 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Would you buy a house with a pool?

Or does the pool take away from it’s value? This is in Mew England where the outdoor pool can only be used so often. The house is perfect otherwise and the right price (ie it needs a lot of renovations but mostly cosmetic and it has the space we need).
    '...everything can be taken from a man but one thing, the Last of the Human Freedoms, the ability to choose one's behavior in any set of circumstances, the Freedom to Choose One's Own Way.' -Viktor Frankle

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Chart

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

If it was in good shape, I’d consider it. Especially if the kiddos were older.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kindra178 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Everyone I know who bought a house with a pool was so hesitant at first and then loved it!

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

NCGrandma is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

No direct experience, but when my NE family was house hunting last year, I spent a lot of time reading real estate listings to get a sense of the area. I was surprised by a number of houses with pools that explicitly mentioned that filling in the pool was negotiable.

Sent from my iPad using Baby Bargains

JBaxter is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

We didn't look at any houses with out a pool but we are in FL. In the NE I wouldn't pay a premium for a home with a pool. Would I probably if I liked the house
    Jeana, Momma to 4 fantastic sons

Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you're stupid and make bad decisions

KpbS is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Yes, my family loves to swim.
    K

AnnieW625 is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Yes we are considering buying a house with a pool in the future. I think pools would be popular in the NE in the summer due to the humidity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

My kids would love love Love for us to buy a house with a pool. At this point, I would definitely consider it. My oldest two are 12 and almost 9 and both have been on swim team for years. The youngest is 4.5 and just starting to learn. I’d be comfortable with it. However, we are in the Midwest, so not too many months to use it. But my kids REALLY want a pool.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

We just bought a house and would've loved to have a pool if it was in budget. We're in the midwest, where our temperature fluctuations are the biggest in the country, but people here still love pools. We ended up getting a house in a planned community with a community pool. It gets really busy on really hot days, but I'm hoping it's worth it to not have to pay for and maintain our own pool. When we found a house in our price range and school district last summer with a pool, it had three offers over listing price right after it went on the market.

mom2binsd is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Would love a pool and I'm in a similar climate. Friends who have pools use the heater at the beginning of the season (often early April) and for the final month (late Sept and often into October.).

On House Hunters it seems the mom is always freaked out about a pool, but honestly a security cover and fence is am easy fix, and maintaining a pool isn't that hard.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast