Default Looking for KIDS NEWS SHOWS talking about current events (esp'lly immigration & kids)

I told my kids today what is happening in TX and how the Administration is separating kids from their parents. They were surprised, upset, outraged, asked a lot of questions. I'm glad that they were. I'm outraged. It's beyond tragic.

I want my kids to know more. DD1 reads a lot, but so far does not like to read about news in general or even kid-type newspapers. I've posted before about kids news magazines, but most of them seemed pretty bland to me - nothing vaguely political, even neutrally political.

So now I'm looking for news articles with politics, and even better, * news shows *, with a market towards kids viewership. Does anyone have any suggestions? A kid reporter would be a plus, but isn't necessary.

My goal is to have my kids watch and learn about current events in the news and take ownership and feel like they WANT to get involved or at least give money or write letters to political leaders about issues that are important to them.

Thanks.

bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I don’t know the answer here but I’d be comfortable with my kids listening to MOST of what comes on NPR. (Every so often there is a story too intense or inappropriate for kids but they generally will give a warning to that effect.) The reporting is great, there are no visuals so it is less shocking, and I feel like there is an attempt to leave bias behind.

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Didn’t you ask a similar question a while back? I remember lots of good replies.
    Mine hear NPR, always on in the car their whole lives unless I’m in the mood for music.
    CNNA has kid’s programming that they show at our middle school. Could be appropriate for younger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    Didn’t you ask a similar question a while back? I remember lots of good replies.
    Mine hear NPR, always on in the car their whole lives unless I’m in the mood for music.
    CNNA has kid’s programming that they show at our middle school. Could be appropriate for younger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ha, you're right. And have an impressive memory! I meant more *show* this time versus print, but I guess maybe the two questions seem pretty similar!! As far as I can tell, there are barely any shows for kids.