Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    wendibird22 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default Best application to manage tasks and to do's at work?

I'm looking for the best way to track and manage my work projects, to do lists, reminders, etc. I've used Trello in the past for project management but I no longer need to manage tasks across a team. It's just me in this new executive role but I need to be able to effectively manage my own workflow, remember upcoming deadlines, set reminders for follow up or connecting with others, and keep a tickler/reminders list for things mentioned by my boss or things to ask of my boss next time we meet. We work in a Google environment. In my past role I could get away with a written to do list and a few reminders placed in my google calendar. But I'm juggling too many things now for that. Anything you all like using?
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

niccig is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

Default Best application to manage tasks and to do's at work?

I use the bullet journal concept. I have a nice journal for home and I use a regular lined notebook for work. I have several different lists of things, then I have a monthly spread, and a weekly spread. The weekly spread is what I work off. I have days of week on the left side of page with meetings then the right side I have divided up into different sections with what I need to do under each section. Once that is filled out, I’ll then write some of these items on the day sections with times I’ll do them. Reviewing your lists, creating a new weekly spread is part of the process so I’m also seeing what’s still needs to get done.

I like the Bullet journal as I can create any list, day/week/month spread that I need. I’m not constrained by someone else’s set-up. I can also rip out a page and start again. Or start a new journal if it gets full.

I tried several apps, but none I’ve stuck with as long as bullet journaling.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

abh5e8 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I've just started to use ToDoist and so far I like it.
    loving my dh and our littles (dd ~ 11 yrs, ds ~ 9 yrs, ds ~ 7 yrs, dd ~ 5 yrs and baby brother ~ 20 mo)

I realize this is old, but what did you end up going with? I am in desperate need of some work organization and task tracking. I have a ton of tasks and deadlines, and I need a better way of staying on top of things. Right now I am relying on flagging emails and my failing memory.

wendibird22 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Yeah so a year later and I'm still keeping a list in Word with a few different sections of things to report back, things to do, things to delegate. Colleagues recommended Trello (which I've used before for project management) and Asana. I just need to take the time to get started with one.
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

Have you used Evernote?

Quote Originally Posted by wendibird22 View Post
    Yeah so a year later and I'm still keeping a list in Word with a few different sections of things to report back, things to do, things to delegate. Colleagues recommended Trello (which I've used before for project management) and Asana. I just need to take the time to get started with one.
    I like Asana for my own tracking, to do list, reminders and any important due dates. I started using it few months ago, and I really like it so far. I also like Trello, but I find that platform works better if managing on something like a project or grant writing, and the like.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Mummy to DS1-6/11 and DS2-1/14

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I like Trello but oh so often I just do pen and paper. I keep meaning to hang a white board. I have so many projects happening at once. I guess lately I have been doing post its. Each day I hang up new post its by my computer with the tasks for each project. I add as needed and then I start fresh the next day. That has actually worked incredibly well!

I use Excel. One tab per project with all the tasks and due dates. Then another tab where I have a month calendar with days broken out by half hour. I put meetings in there in one color and use another color where I Schedule in Time all my tasks. I always leave a 2 hour block for misc emails and stuff that comes up. I schedule a month at a time and adjust each Friday. That way, I know what I am supposed to do at all times. K sit down at my desk and start working. I don’t get lost in trying to figure out what to do next. It’s all scheduled so it’s automatic. Really increases my productivity
    Mom to:
    DS '02
    DS '05
    Percy--the wild furry child!!! 2022----
    Simon--the first King Charles cutie 2009-2022
    RIP Andy, the furry first child, 1996-2012

"The task of any religion is not to tell us who we are entitled to hate but to teach us who we are required to love."

Quote Originally Posted by StantonHyde View Post
    I use Excel. One tab per project with all the tasks and due dates. Then another tab where I have a month calendar with days broken out by half hour. I put meetings in there in one color and use another color where I Schedule in Time all my tasks. I always leave a 2 hour block for misc emails and stuff that comes up. I schedule a month at a time and adjust each Friday. That way, I know what I am supposed to do at all times. K sit down at my desk and start working. I don’t get lost in trying to figure out what to do next. It’s all scheduled so it’s automatic. Really increases my productivity
    I really need to take an Excel class. I have no idea how to do any of that.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast