Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Last year they were on sale at Staples right before school started. Just saw them marked down and less than amazon when we were in the store buying supplies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Staples "sale" this week is $90 for Ti83+ and $100 for Ti84. I suppose if you have rewards or can manage a coupon from someplace you could get a decent deal but I'm holding out. We have 1 and DD won't officially need till next year.

avd3875 is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

The TI-84 with the color screen is in this week's Target ad for $99.99.
    Annemarie
    DS 2003
    DD 2009

essnce629 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by avd3875 View Post
    The TI-84 with the color screen is in this week's Target ad for $99.99.
    I got DS1's at Target last year when it was on sale for $75 I think. It was definitely under $80. I was at the store and just randomly saw it. I'm sure it was much closer to the start of school though because I'm a major procrastinater and would have not even thought about it in July since DS1 started school on August 30th last year.

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

athompson is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Check Goodwill! I found two there today. I bought one for $30 and left the other behind.

avd3875 is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by essnce629 View Post
    I got DS1's at Target last year when it was on sale for $75 I think. It was definitely under $80. I was at the store and just randomly saw it. I'm sure it was much closer to the start of school though because I'm a major procrastinater and would have not even thought about it in July since DS1 started school on August 30th last year.

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk
    Thanks for this. I picked one up today (color - regular one was more expensive), and gave DS strict instructions to keep it in the package. He starts school on August 16, and I'm hoping there is a better deal before then, but I suspect the best deal will be a week after he needs it.
    Annemarie
    DS 2003
    DD 2009

Quote Originally Posted by calebsmama03 View Post
    Staples "sale" this week is $90 for Ti83+ and $100 for Ti84. I suppose if you have rewards or can manage a coupon from someplace you could get a decent deal but I'm holding out. We have 1 and DD won't officially need till next year.
    Last year it was right before school started, end of August. I looked them up on amazon while in the store. But much closer to start of school. We only pop in there because it is convenient and they are often more on things and I don’t track prices for school supplies and such so just look things up on my phone at the time. Good luck. It is $$$ considering they haven’t really changed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

m4nash is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

My local Staples had the Ti-84+ CE for $89 today. DH picked one up for my oldest.

I just wanted to add that, although I agree these are overpriced for older technology, they last for-freaking-ever. I thought of this thread this morning as I was using my TI-82 calculator to verify final grades for a class I just finished teaching. I can't remember exactly which year I got it, but it is somewhere between 22 and 24 years old. In my desk at work I have a TI-89 that is 19 years old and still working fabulously.
    DS 2/14
    DD 8/17

m4nash is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by gymnbomb View Post
    I just wanted to add that, although I agree these are overpriced for older technology, they last for-freaking-ever. I thought of this thread this morning as I was using my TI-82 calculator to verify final grades for a class I just finished teaching. I can't remember exactly which year I got it, but it is somewhere between 22 and 24 years old. In my desk at work I have a TI-89 that is 19 years old and still working fabulously.
    We have a TI-83, TI-86, and two TI-89s that range in age from 18-24 years old in our house that still work great. The new calculators have non-replaceable rechargeable batteries that I would not expect to last as long. That said I still think these are great calculators and worth the money.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast