Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    bisous is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default Facebook requests from people you BARELY know

Are almost always from people who are involved with some form of direct marketing! That’s been my observation at least! I just added a new “friend” thinking “oh yeah, I remember her—I mean we weren’t great friends but maybe she remembers differently than I do? Or maybe she’s selling something” I check her page. Yep. Selling weight loss products. It’s so predictable! I need to be more disciplined about allowing only people I really want to be in my life, into my life!

I hate getting those. I don’t want to offend anyone, but I don’t want to add random people I barely know (and who I know I’m not going to get to know better.)
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

I am very select about who i add. I don't care if they get offended. Nobody has ever said anything to me.
    Mom to:
    DS '02
    DS '05
    Percy--the wild furry child!!! 2022----
    Simon--the first King Charles cutie 2009-2022
    RIP Andy, the furry first child, 1996-2012

"The task of any religion is not to tell us who we are entitled to hate but to teach us who we are required to love."

petesgirl is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by StantonHyde View Post
    I am very select about who i add. I don't care if they get offended. Nobody has ever said anything to me.
    Same here. Or sometimes I will add a person and then immediately 'unfollow ' them so I don't have to see their crap.
    Mama to :
    DS1 (July 2011)
    DD (Feb 2014-June 2015)
    DS2 (Apr 2017)

"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view...Until you climb inside his skin and walk around in it."
    --Atticus Finch (To Kill A Mockingbird)

I hate these too. I often just ignore the request - I don’t confirm or deny, just leave them in limbo.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

mikala is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Ugh. I hate this too. Right after I had one of my kids an old high school friend sent me a request and immediately sent me a canned message about joining her beachbody group. It took every ounce of self control to just ignore instead of going off on her for suggesting weight loss to a woman a week postpartum.

Yeah, I just ignore the request. I have had a couple of people ask me why I didn't accept the request, and i just explain that I dont use facebook very much, and when i do, its to interact with people that I don't see regularly. It really can confuse people

I've made it a long standing rule that I am only friends with FRIENDS and family that I don't see, and who live far away from me. I have one fb friend in the town that I have lived in for 10 years, which was accidental. I can tell you that most of my friends in town find it very weird, but I dont really care. I just don't get it. I know what you are all doing, and you know what I am doing, if we are FRIENDS. If not, dont friend request me. I think it's pure nosiness or like you said, they have something to sell. I can't believe it when I hear who people are "friends" with. It kind of blows my mind. I had a friend who accepted a friend request from someone she didn't know. She just assumed the woman was a friend of a friend (why would you even think of friending someone with that logic), and it turns out, it was the woman her dh was having an affair with!

klwa is online now Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I've started getting the skeevy old single man requests. Sorry dude who is sitting around sipping wine in his profile picture, I don't know you. I don't want to know you, and I definitely don't want to sit around sipping wine with you.
    -Kris
    DS (9/05)
    DD (8/08)
    DD (9/12)

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by klwa View Post
    I've started getting the skeevy old single man requests. Sorry dude who is sitting around sipping wine in his profile picture, I don't know you. I don't want to know you, and I definitely don't want to sit around sipping wine with you.
    Ew.

Immediate block-and-report.

Of course, this now reminds me that I have to go through my list, not because I don't actually know the people I'm FB friends with (because I actually do!), but because I'm finding it a bit unmanageable right now. (Should probably re-evaluate my groups, too.)
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

mom2binsd is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by lizzywednesday View Post
    Ew.

Immediate block-and-report.

Of course, this now reminds me that I have to go through my list, not because I don't actually know the people I'm FB friends with (because I actually do!), but because I'm finding it a bit unmanageable right now. (Should probably re-evaluate my groups, too.)
    I'm pretty sure you can't report someone for a friend request.

I get them from other single local men, I think they ask "who is that blond" who maybe commented on a post of a friend, said friend then says, oh she's single and the single guy thinks he's on match.com!

I also find if I comment on a sports article, usually on NBC about hockey, I get a bunch of random friend requests.

I just delete.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast