Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Sister issues

niccig is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

Default Sister issues

She gets along with my Dad. I’ve suggested to her staying somewhere else for a few days for a break or renting a car so she can go somewhere- she says she can’t afford that so I told her then she has to figure out how to cope with Mum if she wants to stay there to see Dad.

Part of the issue is 30 years of grudges on both sides, and my younger sister wants some TV romanticized notion of family. Example: she says she’s going home at Christmas (she still considers my parents’ house as her home) as she wants a family Christmas. My response: Um the last family Christmas wasn’t so great - that’s when they had the big fights.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains
    Last edited by niccig; 07-03-2018 at 09:49 PM.

Sigh, big sigh. Yea, at this point, I guess you just have to go with “not my monkeys, not my circus”.....
    Mom to:
    DS '02
    DS '05
    Percy--the wild furry child!!! 2022----
    Simon--the first King Charles cutie 2009-2022
    RIP Andy, the furry first child, 1996-2012

"The task of any religion is not to tell us who we are entitled to hate but to teach us who we are required to love."

KpbS is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I don't think you need to tell her, but if she calls your parents while you are visiting, I would let her know that you are there so she doesn't think you are trying to hide it from her, kwim?

Sorry it is so complicated. I hope you have a great visit with your parents and DS.
    K

Quote Originally Posted by KpbS View Post
    I don't think you need to tell her, but if she calls your parents while you are visiting, I would let her know that you are there so she doesn't think you are trying to hide it from her, kwim?

Sorry it is so complicated. I hope you have a great visit with your parents and DS.
    I won’t hide that I’m there if she calls. I did tell her back in January I was looking at flights for the summer. I just haven’t mentioned our plans and she hasn’t asked. If she had asked, I would’ve told her dates.

dogmom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

She needs to fly there? And she might visit later? Perfect. Once you get there text her.
    “OH my goodness Sis, I just realized that I was SO busy arranging travel plans and the kids I didn’t tell you about the visit! But Mom & Dad day you are coming soon. That’s great that they get and extended family visit between the two of us!”

Been working for me with my brother for years.

Quote Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
    She needs to fly there? And she might visit later? Perfect. Once you get there text her.
    “OH my goodness Sis, I just realized that I was SO busy arranging travel plans and the kids I didn’t tell you about the visit! But Mom & Dad day you are coming soon. That’s great that they get and extended family visit between the two of us!”

Been working for me with my brother for years.
    Nice! Shame we have to do this.

Default Sister issues

Update: I didn’t tell my sister about our visit, but mum had mentioned it to her. She told my sister to time her arrival for the day we leave so only 1 airport trip. My sister can’t do that because of a work commitment, she can only come after we leave. Mum hasn’t heard from her in weeks and has no idea if she’s coming or not now.

So our trip is going well. Low key with some day trips and days helping out with projects - Dad can’t help mum and some things need more hands or muscles. DS has provided the muscles. I’m running interference with dad as he’s stubborn but he gives me less resistance than mum - he knows I’m just as stubborn as him if not more so.

Last edited by niccig; 07-16-2018 at 03:48 AM.

Between this and your other update it sounds like you are having a really nice time. I'm glad.
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2