Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    niccig is online now Clean Sweep forum moderator

I needed a pair of black pants for an interview so I went to Target. I had a nice top and jacket. It was good enough for the interview. Just an option

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

div_0305 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Express for sizes 12-14? I feel like size 8 is an XL in that store! It's been a long time since I stepped in an Express so maybe that's changed.

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

So pretty sure this is what I am going with, all Calvin Klein from Macy’s. The cut of the Calvin Klein pants (modern) didn’t work (too short in the crotch), but thankfully I found a skirt (it is a faux wrap and I might have to pin it) that matches the jacket and the shell.
    (the skirt did pull in some places, but I am pretty sure that is due to the security tag)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by AnnieW625; 07-06-2018 at 05:53 PM.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

Quote Originally Posted by div_0305 View Post
    Express for sizes 12-14? I feel like size 8 is an XL in that store! It's been a long time since I stepped in an Express so maybe that's changed.
    Me too! I haven’t bought anything there since they told me that they didn’t carry a size 14 in the store....that was probably 8 years ago. I used to love their jeans pre college and their editor pants got lots of love here so I thought I would try them again.
    Annie
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,

Quote Originally Posted by niccig View Post
    I needed a pair of black pants for an interview so I went to Target. I had a nice top and jacket. It was good enough for the interview. Just an option

I have the worst luck with Target pants and I can’t figure out why...they always pull in the wrong direction.
    Annie
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,

citymama is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Good luck with the interview! My go-tos are Ann Taylor and Banana Republic for something like this, and they should be within your budget with all the sales going on. BR has classic wool suits year-round and I really love mine. High-end outlets like Saks Off 5th and Barney's Outlet if you have any near you - I have a lovely Tahari suit I bought at one of those a decade ago and it's still going strong.

for Sandy Hook

niccig is online now Clean Sweep forum moderator

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieW625 View Post
    I have the worst luck with Target pants and I can’t figure out why...they always pull in the wrong direction.
    I was able to cover up the not so great fit around the hips/butt so it wasn’t noticeable. It worked in a pinch.

California is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Hate to say this since you've already gone shopping! It looks like you have similar coloring to me, and that color of that Calvin Klein outfit tends to wash me out. It looks like it may be doing the same for you a bit too.

Grays and soft navy in suits are more flattering for me and I bet would be for you too. If you want to stick with what you have, and feel great in the outfit, try seeing how a blouse in green or blue (depending on your eye color), or even a soft pink looks with your skin.

Blouse with the suit looks good and as another poster said, you could totally do a black jacket with the skirt or a black pant or skirt with the jacket down the road and have more separates. For beige, and for interviews in general, makeup can help, tasteful but foundation, blush, shadow, liner and mascara etc. Good luck! And sizing is ridiculous considering there are way more 14and 16 than 0 and 2 people around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kindra178 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by twowhat? View Post
    I don't think you need to have a matching jacket and pants/skirt. One of my favorite business outfits to wear is a black jacket with a black tank/shell, and taupe pants, or black pants and a black tank/shell with a gray or taupe jacket. It looks pulled together and you're only mixing 2 colors, which don't need to match in fabric. It's my secret sauce because I don't have matching suit separates that fit me. Add an additional color in your jewelry. It's boring and basic but also fail-proof!

eta: If that dress is solid black with no lace (I can't tell from the pic), it might work with a taupe/beige jacket. If there's lace, then agree with PP to not wear it.
    Rec your tanks for this purpose. Ty!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast