Default New dishwasher strong chemical odor?

We got a new Bosch 500 series dw almost a month ago and I love everything about it - except it has an awful petroleum/chemical odor that is very strong after washing dishes and transfers to the dishes no matter how fast I put them away after it beeps. I assumed it was just a new appliance thing and would go away but it's still just as strong. Using rinse aid as directed, even switched brands of rinse aid and no change. Getting worried it's permanent. I've contacted Bosch customer service and am awaiting a reply but curious if anyone else has had this issue and if it went away?

Our smell went away at some point.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

mackmama is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Our new Bosch did not have that smell, and we are very sensitive to odors.

We bought a Bosch dishwasher a few months ago too. It definitely had the smell for about 2 months. I haven’t noticed it for past month or so. I know there are other posts on here about that smell. The general consensus seemed to be that it goes away with time.

I was really upset about the smell at first. It didn’t transfer to dishes at all, but the machine itself did smell, and I’m very sensitive to smell, so it really bothered me. It definitely went away pretty quickly, though, because I wouldn’t have tolerated it for long.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

I’m also very sensitive to smells it didn’t worry me at first because I assumed it would go away but I’m like 2 days shy of a month and it’s still strong. Bosch customer service had a 2 hour wait for tech support so I’ve now sent a message through their website and a separate email with no reply. I feel like they’re stringing me along to get past the 30 day return window. 😡